Chapter 4

Olivia barely glanced at the guard as she showed her White House pass and made her way inside. She was never so rude, but today she was nervous as hell to face this man.

Every bone in her body ached when she heard his voice on the phone. She could lie to herself, but she didn't seem to have everyone else as fooled as she thought she did.

"Is he in?" She asked the secretary at the desk.

"Yes Ms. Pope, he's waiting on you now." The secretary said gesturing toward the door.

Olivia opened and and closed it behind her.

"Your final speech. Let's hear it." She said removing her gloves and folding her arms.

Fitz looked up from his desk. "Nice to see you too Olivia, Abby must've sent you." He said setting down the papers he was reading and stood to walk to her.

"Your finale speech, Fitz, is important. The last thing you say as president of the United States. The very last thing the people hear come out of your mouth as the leader of the free world. Let's hear it."

She backed up as he came closer to her.

"Same old Liv." He said with a small smile. He looked her in the eyes. Eyes as sad as his. The same pain that he felt and he sighed.

"Damn it Olivia you want this." He said waving his hand between them. "You want us, why do you fight it?" His voice softened painfully. "Why don't you want to want me?"

Olivia remained stubbornly silent, averting her eyes so not to meet his. He kept coming and she had no choice, but to continue to back up until she felt the cool wall on her back. He bundled the front of her shirt in his fist and pulled her the inch that separated them.

"Fitz," she looked up at him and he laid his forehead against hers. She closed her eyes trying to control her raging heart. This was the only man that could put a burning ache in her heart and a strong desire in her soul. She knew it and so did he.

"I'm not letting you go Liv. I'm not letting you leave my life again." He said in a whisper as he traced her bottom lip with his thumb. "You will be with me and we will be happy. I promise."

******
"So what's up with this case Huck?" Marcus asked as he looked over the papers from the present case. "It looks to me like a woman lost her daughter and is in denial. Why would Olivia take this case. We can't help her."

Huck continued typing on his computer and without looking up said, "if we took the case, then we can help."

Marcus looked up toward the ceiling before he continued reading.

At that moment Quinn came bustling through the door, "listen to this." She said sitting at the table with another folder. "Danielle James reported her baby missing January 20, 1981 ten days after she was born."

"Okay," Marcus said slowly looking between Huck and Quinn.

"I'm not finished yet," Quinn snapped at him. "Danielle first came to this very same hospital when she found out she was pregnant two months into her pregnancy." She handed the papers she had to Huck. "Before that, there is no trace of Danielle James anywhere. Before that she didn't exist."

Marcus stood up slowly. "So Danielle James isn't real?"

Quinn looked at him and rolled her eyes. "As many cases as we have seen and you're still surprised?" She nodded to Olivia's door. "You can go in and tell her. She's in one of her moods, I can tell." She said walking out of the room and into her office.

Huck looked towards Olivia's door, then he handed the papers to Marcus.

"Fine," he said taking the papers and walking into his bosses office without so much of a knock. "Quinn found something in the Danielle James case." He said with more confidence than he felt. As soon as he walked in her head had snapped up and her piercing gaze never wavered from his face.

He sat the files down on her desk and turned to leave, then turned back to her. "Boss you're getting a little scary and everyone is on pins and needles around you." Olivia frowned. "They literally just handed me these files, because they didn't want to come in here."

Olivia sat there for a moment, then, as if she was feeling weak, she snapped out of it.

"That's sad Marcus, now what's in the file?"

He looked at her for a minute, then he grabbed the folder again and opened it. "Danielle James did not exist before she turned up at a hospital in Boston two months into her pregnancy."

Olivia frowned and stood to take the papers. "

"She continued all her visits at that hospital and that is where the baby was taken from her ten days after her birth."

"Good work. Call Danielle and see if we can't get her back in here today. I'd like to know who I'm really talking to. Do not let her know that we know she isn't who she say she is. Get more information on this. Find out what the police said about the whereabouts of her child and why the case closed a month after with no trial and little evidence. Track down the people involved in this case. We need more." She walked around her desk and sat, her eyes glued to her phone.

"On it boss," Marcus said as he walked out of the room.