Chapter 18

Fitz rolled up his sleeves as he walked into the room, the door shutting behind him. Cyrus watched him with fear filled eyes, he's never been scared of Fitz. But right now he didn't look like the Fitzgerald he knew.

"Mr. President," Cyrus stumbled. "Why have you stopped my flight?"

"Where were you running off to Cy?" Fitz asked as he walked and sat down opposite from Cyrus.

"Sir, I was just taking a small vacation with my family," he said and Fitz laughed.

"You call packing up your entire house a small vacation?"

Cyrus sighed, "I was hiding sir, from Rowan. He has been threatening me." He tried to play on Fitz's hate for the man, but to Cyrus's dismay, he didn't seem surprised.

"You tried to blackmail him Cy. You tried to blackmail Olivia. You gave evidence to Abby to force me to comply."

Cyrus shook his head at Fitz's words, "are you going to have me killed Fitz?"

Fitz smiled at him, "of course not Cy, you're my friend." He said walking up to the older man and slapping him on the shoulder

Cyrus winced.

"No Cy I will not kill you, but you do need a lesson in manners."

Cyrus looked up to the president just as Fitz's fist slammed into the side of his face.
******************
Mya walked into the room slowly, looking like a mad woman.

Olivia had her hands in the air and her face was pale. She had never seen her mother so deranged looking.

Maya's eyes were locked on Vanity. She kept coming forward. Just as she was about to step face to face with the woman, Eli stepped in between them.

Maya smiled, "so you want to go first?"

Eli remained quiet. He looked Maya deep in the eye until she started to fidget.

"Mom,"

Maya's lips began to quiver when she heard Olivia behind her, then they blazed at Eli angrily.

"How! How is she not mine? I held her in my arms the day I had her and I NEVER let her out of my sight!"

Olivia winced at the hurt note she heard in her mothers voice. She didn't think this woman had any feelings. She had never even seen her cry. Now as she looked at her with a gun pointed to her real parents, her heart went out to her.

"Mom," she said again, this time walking up behind her. "Please, put the gun down."

Maya's gaze never left Eli's as she answered Olivia.

"You are mine Olivia. Will always be mine. I'll admit I wasn't the best mother, but I loved you always."

Olivia looked at her dad with hard eyes. She had never knew this side of Maya. And she didn't like it. No matter how much of a monster she was, she was still the only mother she ever knew.

"I love you too mom," Olivia said, and her heart dropped a little when she saw the crushed look on Vanity's face.

Maya turned around with tears running down her face. "I know I was a bad mother, but I cannot lose you."

"Mom you have to put the gun down, please." Olivia said holding out her hand expectantly.

Once Maya handed over her gun, Olivia caught movement out the side of her eye. She turned in time to see Vanity pull a gun out of Eli's waist and aim it at Maya.

"Vanity No!!" Olivia and her father screamed at once, both jumping to shield Maya just as the loud bang of the gun went off.
***********************
Quinn sat in her office looking out into the hallway. She had watched as Maya went into the office, saw the gun in her hand. She knew at this point she should stay out of the affairs of Olivia and her family.

Marcus walked into her office, a shocked look on his face.

Quinn nodded, "I know what you are thinking. We need to stay out of it."

Marcus just sat and stared at her, his face had not changed.

"Marcus what? What is it?" Quinn said with her face twisted. She was tired of everything going on in this office. There were too many secrets here. She thought about Huck and him being gone all this time. Just where in the hell is he?! She thought to herself.

"I know who has Huck," Marcus said quietly.

Quinn stood up, "what do you mean, you know who has Huck? Was he taken? How the hell do you know his whereabouts and I don't?" She asked incredulously.

Marcus opened his mouth to explain when he heard shouting from Olivia's office.

He and Quinn looked at each other, then scattered to their bosses office when they heard a gun shot.

Marcus made it to the door first and stopped dead in his tracks. Quinn at his heels.

She peered over him and her eyes went wide, "oh my God."
***********************
"What exactly are you trying to prove?" Huck asked from the back seat of the black sedan. He stared into those haunting brown eyes through the review mirror.

"I am not trying to accomplish anything. I just want a little family reunion that's all. Aren't you happy Huck?"

Huck didn't answer, but turned back to the window and watched the city move past him quickly.

The driver began to whistle a very familiar tune that had Huck wishing he could cover his ears. He twisted his hands, hoping to loosen the zip tie around them. He knew there was no use in trying to escape.

Huck leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes, joining the whistling with his own humming of the song.