Chapter 21

Olivia's body stiffened as she felt her hospital bed dip with someone's weight. She knew who it was. She could smell him. She could feel him.

She couldn't open her eyes. She knew she was close to dying and still might. But she could feel. The moment he stepped in her room she could feel tingling in her fingers and toes.

His presence filled her hospital room and she breathed him in. She needed him. Missed him so much she wanted to cry. She wanted to wake up. To look him in the eyes and see the love she knew was shining there.

Her heart did a funny flip as she felt his hand skim down her face.

"Olivia," there was pain in Fitz's voice.

He thought she couldn't hear him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about everything. I was so selfish. I couldn't let you go. I still can't." She heard the crack in his voice. "Please don't leave me. I can't live without you. I won't."

Olivia's heart raced. She heard finality in his words. He would take his life if she died, she knew he would. That couldn't happen, it wouldn't. She would live. She had to. Somehow she had to live. The machines where the only thing keeping her alive, but not anymore. She would live. For Fitz, she would live

*************************
Rowan watched as the president of the United States cried at his daughter's bedside. He had to work on trying to stop his own tears. He knew the machine was breathing for her. Her condition was critical.

Both Maya and Vanity had disappeared when Olivia was brought to the hospital. Rowan knew that there was something he was missing. Something he would've figured out if he wasn't so distraught over his daughter's condition.

He walked away from Olivia's door to the elevator. He stepped on and replayed everything that happened over and over in his head. Maya's anger, Olivia's confusion, Vanity's pain filled expression.

"You still haven't figured it out yet?" Rowan whirled around to face Yami and she smiled. "I know your sad dad, but that was so sloppy of you." She said with a smirk.

He ignored her taunt, "what should I have figured out Yami?"

She shrugged, "I am not the only one who wants Olivia dead." Then she added, "well I don't anymore, but someone else does." Rowan raised his eyebrows at her and she rolled her eyes. "I guess you can say my baby sister grew on me."

"Who wants Olivia dead?" He said in a low tone.

"Cyrus Beene. He also wants you dead as well, Vanity was supposed to finish you both off." She said, the smirk still on her face. "Cyrus Beene was on a plane out of the country with his family, but the president had him hauled to the Pentagon. Vanity got a hold of David Rosen after she shot Livvy and told him a sob story and got Cyrus out of his box while the president came here."

Rowan listened intently as Yami spoke.

"I was able to stop the plane his daughter and husband were on and now have them held at a motel. Cyrus believes that his family is in Germany and thinks he's flying to be with them. One of ours is the pilot of the plane both him and Vanity are on. They'll be taking them to your private landing where we'll be waiting for them."

Rowan laughed softly. "Cyrus Beene and Vanity." He said in a menacing tone.

Yami smiled as she pulled two guns out of their holsters and threw one at her dad. He caught it and cocked it back as he stepped off the elevator.