Chapter 22

Cyrus stared out the window of the plane trying to understand his emotions. Him and Liv had always been close, but when Vanity told him she had shot her and Rowan still lived, he couldn't help feeling like he lost his sister.

Still he would not weep for her. Didn't dare let a single tear fall out of his eyes. He did what he had to do and if anyone would understand that, Liv would. He lifted his chin and turned to stare at Vanity.

She was staring out the window with a frown on her face. "Cyrus where did you say we were headed to?"

"Germany."

Vanity's frown deepened as she stared out the window. "Are we switching planes then?"

Cyrus's faced mimicked hers. "What the hell are you talking about?" He asked moving to sit in the seat next to her and looked out her window.

Just as he sat, he felt the plan move downward. He looked out to see  them landing in a private port. His heart stammered in his chest and his mouth went dry.

"We are not supposed to change plans." He said answering Vanity's question.

Her eyes grew wide and she shook her head. "No, we covered our trails. There must be something wrong with this plane!"

Just as she said that, the pilot began speaking from the intercom. "Just relax and remain seated. We are having some technical issues, but we should be up and running shortly."

Vanity sagged with relief, but Cyrus remained stiff. He looked out of each window on the plane and then made his way to the back where he could see anything coming at him.

***************************
Yami and Rowan walked out of the hospital to retrieve the car Yami had waiting. She dropped into the drivers seat while Rowan sat in the back.

A hard knock on the window had them drawing their weapons at the newcomer.

"I want in."

"Huck. You look well." Rowan said smiling at him, then opened the door to the sedan and made room for him, patting the seat. "Hop on in son."

*******************************
Olivia's eyes snapped open in the darkness of the room. She still was unable to move, but she started to feel the feelings in her legs come back. It was excruciating. She wanted to scream out, tried to, but nothing happened.

Sweat began to bead on her forehead as she tried to move her body. Eventually she gave up and focused on seeing around the darkness of the room.

That is when she realized an arm draped over her stomach. She couldn't move to see much more, but she had the impression of a heaviness weighing down on her. Warm breath teased the back of her neck. She breathed deep and took him in.

Even though she couldn't move or talk, she felt completely safe. She sighed a relief that he had not left her side and started to close her eyes.

At that moment a figure stepped out of the shadows and up to her hospital bed, crouching down in front of her.

Her heart beat wildly in her chest as she stared into the eyes behind he ski mask he wore. Familiar eyes. Ones she thought she would never see again.

He must've seen the denial in her eyes and laughed softly removing his ski mask. Olivia's eyes grew wide with fear and confusion.

"Hello Olivia," he said in a soft voice. He reached out a ran a finger down her cheek.

She willed herself to move so Fitz could feel her and wake up, but she couldn't. Her eyes moved backward trying to see him, but a tsking noise stopped her.

"He is heavily sedated. Don't worry, I'll get you out of here." He said grabbing her under her arms and lifting her into a sitting position.

Olivia's head lolled back and she watched him fearfully from under her lashes. She felt like a rag doll the way he held her.

"I know you have many questions and I intend to answer them for you." He grabbed the back of her neck with one hand, and supporting her back with the other.

"I've wanted to kiss you for so long." He said in a soft whisper. "Wanted to taste you. To feel what is was like to make love to Olivia Pope. I've dreamed about it over and over." He said staring at her mouth and licking his lips.

Olivia's eyes blazed as she stare at him angrily. Her breathing became faster, the noises on the machines matched her fast beating heart.

"I can't wait." He said with a smile, knowing the angry look in her eyes.

Her anger melted into relief as he looked past his face. He followed her gaze to meet the barrel of a gun.

"Looks like your going to have to wait a little bit longer." Jake hit the man with the butt of his gun and raced to catch Olivia as she and the man began to fall to the floor.

Jake gathered Olivia in his arms and gave Fitz a disgusted look. "Good for nothing." He muttered under his breath as he sat on the bed cuddling Olivia to his chest. He was gentle as he rocked her back and forth.

She looked up at him, then past him to Fitz, then back at him. Her eyes were pleading. He knew she was asking him to put her back in the bed with president Grant, but he held her for a few more minutes.

"When I found out you've been shot I nearly lost my mind. Rosen was talking as if you were dead." There was raw emotion in his voice as he spoke softly to her.

"I went to your office. There was so much blood. I thought you were dead Liv." He looked down into her face, locking eyes with her. "I thought you were dead. "

A groan had his head snapping up to look at the man on the floor. He reluctantly placed her back in the bed under Fitz and made sure she was comfortable. He kissed her forehead softly and she closed her eyes. She felt his lips lingering, then his fingers trailing down her face and outline her lips with his thumb. She knew he was going to kiss her. She kept her eyes closed as he pressed his lips quickly against hers. Shortly she heard him leaving with his burden and a fresh tear slid from her closed lid and fell on Fitz's chest.