Chapter 32

Olivia had her eyes squeezed shut. She whimpered when she heard a body hit the floor. She knew that it was Harrison's. Slowly, she opened her eyes to look around the room to see who shot him.

To her horror, none of the assassins, including her dad had the smoking gun. Their eyes where wide with shock as they stared behind her.

Olivia shook her head in denial. She wouldn't turn around. She couldn't. She knew Harrison would never hurt her, they all had to know it. She understood why her father would want him dead, but Fitz?

Fitz, with his gun still drawn, reached his arm around Olivia and pulled her back against him planting a kiss at her temple. "She's mine."

Olivia's heart raced in her chest. Not from fear, but from anger! It coarser through her like a roaring river. She did not belong to anyone! But she kept quiet. Fitz was not himself, he just killed a man in cold blood because Harrison wanted her. Fitz was a ticking time bomb.

"Good to see you finally grew some balls Grant." Rowan said as he walked closer to them, his hands clasped behind his back. He looked serene, as if he knew that Fitz would not hurt him.

"Back off Rowan." Fitz said through clenched teeth.

Rowan laughed as he waved up and ran the back of his hands softly down Olivia's cheek. "Never. We are family now." He said smiling and winked at Olivia before turning and waking out of the room. Yami followed close behind him looking extremely bored.

Huck and Jake were frozen in place. Both of their eyes on her. Jake was the first to tear his gaze away from Olivia and train them on Fitz.

"At ease soldier," he said mockingly to Fitz. "We get it. She's yours." Jake holstered his gun and walked to Harrison's body. Soon him and Huck went to work cleaning the mess while Fitz still had his gun trained on them and Olivia pressed tightly against him.

Olivia never moved, nor did she speak a word. She did not trust herself not to go off while Jake and Huck were in the room.

As soon as they were finished and Olivia gave one last reassuring nod to Huck, they left. Fitz lowered his weapon and Olivia swung around and slapped him hard.

"How dare you!" She seethed. "I am not anybody's! Who are you right now?"

Fitz touched a hand to his cheek. "I'm the same Fitz Olivia.

"You just killed a man Fitz! Because he loved me and waned me you got jealous and killed him!" She screamed walking a couple of paces away from him.

"He would've hurt you." Fitz said weakly causing Olivia to whirl around to face him.

"Harrison would not have hurt me Fitz! I knew that you knew that, hell everyone that was in this room knew that!"

"Your father was going to kill him Liv." He said pointedly.

"My father kidnapped and tortured this man to bend to his will and do exactly what he wanted him to do. My father was the head of a secret organization that did horrible things to innocent people that nobody knew about! My father made both men and women alike do unspeakable things, yourself included! My father had to get rid of Harrison. Right or wrong that was what he had to do Fitz, but you." She said with a chuckle while wagging a pointed finger at him. "You did it because you were jealous."

Fitz took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He put the gun up and plopped down on his bed. "Come here." He said reaching a hand out to her.

"What? Fitz no!" She said in hot disbelief.

"Come here Olivia." He said his tone not changing.

After a moment of debate, Olivia walked over to him slowly. When she was within arms reached he dragged her the rest of the way to him, perching her in on his lap.

He saw her face. He knew what was about to come. She deserved this moment. This small moment of vulnerability she has been denying herself. "I'm sorry about Harrison." He said in a voice just above a whisper. His lips skimmed her ear as he spoke.

"You didn't have to kill him." She said in a broken voice.

His heart ached for her. He knew what she was experiencing and it pained him to know he caused some of it. "I did Olivia. For more reasons than one. I hope you understand one day. I really do."

He planted more kisses on her cheek and grabbed her chin so he could plant one on her lips. Olivia closed her eyes and breathed in his scent.

"My mom isn't my real mom." She said against his mouth, her tears finally spilling over.

"I know baby."

"And my real mom just died in a plane crash along with Cyrus." She choked out, her breathing hitched, then quickened.

Fitz kissed away every tear that fell from her eyes.

"And my real mother tried to kill me under Cyrus's orders." She said softly.

Fitz's eyes snapped open. "How did yo-"

"Huck told me. I spoke with him briefly before coming here." Her breathing began to quicken again. "Then Harrison was alive and now he's not. I was shot, laying in the hospital for months!" She cried.

She buried her face into the crook of his neck and balled her eyes out. Fitz tightened his hold on her and began rocking her back and forth. She tore herself away from him and fell onto the thick plush rug on the floor.

She began to hyperventilate. Fitz hopped of the bed and sat beside her, pushing her head between her knees. "Breathe Olivia, Breathe." He said in a painful whisper. Her tears was always his undoing. He couldn't bare to see her like this. "Thats it baby, I'm right here. Listened to my breaths." He said taking deep breaths and letting them out slowly. He placed one of her hands over his chest. "Feel my heartbeat. Try to match my heartbeat."

Olivia did what he said. Thinking only of him, his smell, his face. She began to slow down her breathing and tried to calm her ragging heart.

Fitz let go of her and sat her up slowly. He then reached up and dragged the cover off the bed along with a pillow and laid them both back on it.

Olivia was quiet now, except for the occasional hiccup. Her eyes were closed and she nestled herself closer to Fitz. As close as she could get and totally relaxed.

Fitz watched her until her the rise and fall of her chest told him that she was asleep. He smiled down at her, then skimmed his lips softly over her face. "You are mine Olivia. Forever and always."