Chapter 7

Cyrus Beene stepped into the empty parking lot hesitantly. He had sat for hours debating on coming and meeting this man. He had wanted that aspect of his life to be over and just live a regular life, but this was too intriguing to ignore.

He looked around the lot and wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans. He was nervous, there was no one around and he was starting to think that maybe he hadn't made a smart decision. Just as he turned around to leave he heard footsteps coming toward him. He couldn't make out what direction they were coming from and didn't see anybody.

His heart started beating out a rhythm of fear. "Hello?" He was met with silence. Suddenly, the footsteps stop and Cyrus turned immediately to get to his car and ran right into a man. He looked up as he steadied himself and his eyes widened in shock.

"What are you doing here?"
*******************************
Olivia sat at her desk staring off into space. She hadn't heard from Fitz in two days and her gut was telling her something was wrong. She knew when it came to him her gut was always a little less than reliable, but this feeling. This feeling was different.

It was a feeling of dread, of impending doom. Something bad was going to happen and she didn't know what it was so she couldn't fix it. A knock sounded at her door, rattling her out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw Quinn standing there.

"Yes Quinn, what is it?" She said, then frowned when Quinn stepped aside and the young woman from the coffee shop stepped into her office. Olivia looked at her quizzically. "Quinn?"

"She just showed up and demanded to see you." Quinn said with her hands in the air. "She wouldn't take no for an answer."

Olivia's eyes were still in Alina. "Thank you Quinn, would you mind closing the door behind you?"

Alina smiled at her, "I know this may seem odd to you that I showed up unannounced and at your door step, but I need a little help." Alina took a seat, still smiling and looked pointedly at the seat across from her.

Olivia looked back and forth between Alina and the chair and walked over to it, leaning against it with her elbow.

"I am a bit confused Alina. I met you at a coffee shop three days ago and exchanged a couple of words on my way out. You can't possibly think that you can come in here asking for favors after that?" The woman's smile never faltered. She reached into her bag and began slapping a couple of stacks of bills on the table one by one.

"I'm not asking you for a favor sweetie. This is business."

Olivia looked at the money in indifference. "So you have money," she said nonchalantly."So does a lot of other people." She wasn't sure why she was treating a paying customer like this, but this woman seemed off.

"What can I help you with?" She finally said, taking a seat in the chair she was just leaning on.

Alina started to laugh. "I'm sorry I gave you the indication that you could actually aide me in this, other than pointing me in the right direction."

Olivia frowned. "Then what did you come here for?"

"I came here, sweet Olivia, because the help that I need, is way above your pay grade and anyone else's in this office for that matter. It requires someone of power who would know about things that not too many people know of, and something tells me you have friends in high places."

******************
"Mr. President I can't do what your asking me. Liv is my friend. That puts me in a very compromising position." Abby walked briskly to keep up with the longer strides of the president. He showed no signs of slowing down as he turned toward his office.

"You will do what I tell you Abby, unless you want to be looking for another job for the remainder of my term." He said walking through his doors and slamming them before she could say another word. Abby stared at the wood, blinking several times, before she turned and walked back to her office.

"To quit my job or to not quit my job." She mumbled under her breath.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR? WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK. I KNOW THERE'S A LOT MORE SCANDAL FANS OUT THERE SO IF YOU HAVENT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO I CAN KNOW WETHER I SHOULD CONTINUE OR NOT! THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!