Chapter 12

"What the hell is going on Rowan? Where's Liv?" President Grant stormed into the empty waiting room. Eli looked up calmly from the paper he had been reading and regarded Fitz.

"President Fitzgerald Grant III. What an honor and privilege to have you here visiting my daughter when half the world is looking for you." He folded the paper and sat up giving Fitz a mock salute.

"Enough games Rowan. I want to see Olivia." Fitz walked toward the door where two men stood guard, his own guards close at his heels. "Step aside," he said flatly.

The guards did not move an inch watching him with stoic expressions. The presidents guards came up from behind him swiftly.

"He said step aside soldier."the guard in charge said, his gun pointed. Eli lifted his hand in indifference. "Let them through," he said putting his feet up as he continued reading the paper.

The guard at the door turned his ice cold eyes to the presidents soldier for a brief moment before he opened the door.

Fitz stepped inside the room just as Olivia was sitting up. His guards remained outside and closed the door behind him. Fitz leaned against the wall as he took in Olivia's frail appearance. He folded his arms and looked at her until she began to squirm in her seat from his scrutiny.

"I'm fine," she said as he continued to stare at her.

"You're in a hospital Liv." He snapped at her. "And you didn't call me, why didn't you call me?" He demanded.

Olivia's eyes grew wide as he stalked toward her. He sat on the edge of the bed and grabbed her face roughly, only to slid his thumb gently over her cheek. Back and forth.

Olivia looked up at him, his eyes were dark and different. She had looked into his eyes many of times and they've never looked like this. "I think it's time for you to take some time off of work so I can keep an eye on you."

Olivia snatched her face away from him. "You're joking?"

"Did I laugh?" He said with a straight face.

"I'm not taking off of work Fitz, I need my job unlike you." She pushed at him to move away from her and his arm snaked out to grab her wrist. She twisted it so he could free her and his grip tightened. She moan in pain and sat still so he would ease up.

"I didn't ask you Liv, I told you, you will be taking off of work." Olivia sat there speechless, her eyes filled with fear. He meant it and something told her not to test him. Something was wrong with him, he needed to leave.

She looked out the window of the door at her dad willing him to look up.

As if he heard her silent plea he looked up and locked eyes with her. Immediately, he stood up and burst through the door. "President Grant you're time is up." He said with a small smile, but his eyes held a cold menacing look as regarded Fitz.

Fitz nodded his head in understanding and leaned to give Olivia a hug.

"I will not live without you." He whispered in her ear. "Please remember that and don't do anything that would put us both in danger."
**********************
Huck sat in his car for about two hours before a man finally emerged from the house he was watching. He wore a black hoodie that was pulled over his face and black gloves. He looked around before hopping in a black jeep and pulled out of the driveway quickly.

Huck eased out of the spot he was in and started following the man. They drove for about an hour before the jeep took a sharp left onto a crowded street in the city. Huck followed with ease, careful to keep a couple of cars in between them.

Finally the jeep pulled into an old car lot and the man hopped out walking briskly inside the building. Huck followed as closely behind as he could without looking suspicious. The man turned right and Hick hurried to follow him. When he got to the hall where he turned it was empty. There were three doors in this hall. A ladies and a men's room and a door to an office at the end of the hall.

He checked the bathrooms first, then Walked slowly to the office door and opened it. He walked into the seemingly empty room to look around when he heard the door close behind.

"You're getting sloppy Huck, I could've killed you."

Huck tried not to shiver at that voice, he turned around to face him. A mask of calm on his face. "You couldn't kill a fly. What are you doing?" Huck watched as the man smiled and tossed a coin in the air.

"I'm living Huck. Remember what that use to be like?"

Huck closed his eyes on the temptation of those words until could control himself. "What do you want?" He asked calmly.

"I want Olivia."
***********************
Abby sat in her bed with her glasses on reading every article she could find about the president. She looked at the clock and groaned. It was one thirty in the morning and she had so much work to do. So much damage to control. Why couldn't the president just cut her some slack. She was drowning out there everyday he didn't show up.

She slammed down the paper and sat back against the headboard of her bed. "Think Abby, think." She chanted to herself. Her eyes kept straying to the folder Cyrus gave her. She has already made up in her mind that she would give it to the president, but how did she know it would get the job done?

It was Cyrus that gave it to her, and although she had granted his wishes by beefing up his security extensively and sending him and his family on an all expense paid vacation to Paris, France, she still didn't trust him.

What if it was something that could hurt her job? Or something that would hurt the president enough to where it only makes things worse? Cyrus knew the president very well, but he didn't know this President like she did. Yes, she thought. I should open this up before I give it to him.

She reached for the folder and opened it quickly so she wouldn't change her mind. Her eyes flew over the words for a moment before they widened in shock. She slowed down and read it again. "Oh no Liv." She said in shock. "Oh God no."