Chapter 29

Olivia leaned her head against the car window, watching as the scenery flew by. After another two weeks in the hospital she was finally released and given strict orders to take it easy.

She was hoping that Fitz wouldn't be around when she got that order, but he was and he was determined to make her follow those orders.

They pulled into the garage of her apartment and Fitz led her to the elevator. She turned to him once they were on.

"You don't have to stay." She felt the need to say. She wasn't tired of him. She loved being around him, but she loved her job too. And right now she hadn't been working for a while.

Everyone had been worried sick after her second absence, because she's never not in her office. Thank God for her team. They told everyone she was on a much needed vacation and she would be there for a couple of months.

Clients were pouring in trying to buy her services, but even with her team being as good as they were, nobody would work without Olivia.

Fitz looked down at Olivia and smiled, shaking his head. "Livvy, I know you want to work. I do. And believe me when I say I would give you the world right now if I could." He said framing her face with his hands. "But I need you to be safe."

She looked up and locked eyes with him, instantly lost in the love she saw there. He leaned towards her slowly when the elevator dinged, breaking the spell he had her in. They stepped out onto her floor once the doors opened, and Fitz took out the keys to her apartment.

Olivia looked at him with a frown when he pushed open the door. Her frown deepened when she saw suitcases in the living room.

"You should look around to make sure there's nothing else you want to take with you for the time being." Fitz said casually.

"Fitz," Olivia said with warning in her voice.

"I'm not taking a chance at your life again." He said quietly.

She stared at him in disbelief, then walked briskly to her room, throwing her closet doors open. One by one she flung open her dresser drawers to find them just as empty as the closet.

Fitz had walked to her room quietly and leaned his hip against the door frame, watching her closely. She was livid. He saw how stiff her movements were and the flames in her eyes. She swung her hot gaze to him and he prepared himself for the tongue lashing he was about to receive.

"You cannot keep doing this Fitz!" She yelled at him. "You don't own me. You can't run my life, I am not a child! I say what I will and will not do! I will decide what is and isn't safe for me!"

Fitz stayed calm as walked toward her. She shook her head and backed away. Her eyes filling with tears. They streamed down her faces in tiny rivers and dropping off her chin.

Fitz was shocked. She was actually crying. He wasn't use to this Olivia. She looked forlorn and lost. She was breaking his heart.

"Livvy," he said softly, closing his eyes for a second when he saw that, that made her cry harder. He reached out and grabbed her arm and tugged her against him.

"I know this may be hard and I'm not making it much easier for you, but I have to keep you safe. I have to. You almost died." He said choking on his last words.

Olivia stood still in his arms. She had stopped crying, but the heaviness she felt in her chest didn't lighten. She just wanted everything to be normal. Not normal, normal, but her normal.

"Do you trust me?" She heard him ask in a small voice.

She looked up at him and searched his face. She never doubted his sincerity, but she needed to see his love for her. He didn't disappoint her.

"Yes." She said and he dropped a kiss on her forehead. He waited as she packed up some more small items and he walked with her out the door and into the awaiting black sedan.

His men had retrieved her belongings and followed them to the private jet that Fitz had waiting. Olivia didn't ask any questions, she just followed Fitz on board and sat quietly next to him, resting her head on his shoulders. The movement of the plane and the warmth of Fitz's embrace made her fall asleep quickly.

The ride was a short one, maybe a couple of hours. Fitz looked down at Olivia and shook her gently. "Liv, wake up. We're here. Let's get you in a nice hot bath."

Olivia struggled to open her eyes, but when she did she looked out the jet's window. She would know that house anywhere. The structure forever etched in her mind. Her breath hitched and her heart quickened anxiously. They were home, at their love nest in Vermont.