Chapter 24

We are now live at the scene where a plane fell out of the sky and crashed nose first killing two people on board. Now what's interesting is that the two people found dead were in the back of the plane. No sign of the pilot. The bodies were burnt beyond recognition in this horri-

Fitz clicked the television off and turn toward the two agents in front of him. "You're telling me that Cyrus Beene was on that plane? You're telling me that Cyrus is dead?"

"Affirmative sir," the first agent said without moving.

Fitz shook his head. "They said the bodies were burnt beyond recognition. Who told you it was Cyrus?"

"That would be me." Rowan said as he walked into the waiting room of the hospital. He flicked a glance at Mellie, nodding slightly in her direction before turning back to Fitz. "Maya killed both Cyrus and Vanity."

Fitz sat quiet, not sure how to handle the news. Cyrus had been his best friend. Even with all the lying and deceit he had become use to leaning on Cyrus. Not as much as Liv, but Cyrus was like family.

He only wanted to beat the hell out of Cyrus for leaking Liv's business, but he never wanted him to die. He looked up at Rowan.

"You need to get her under control. This should not have happened! Vanity should've been the only one who died. Vanity did this!" He shouted pointing to Olivia's door.

Rowan remained calm, even sounded a little pleased as he spoke to Fitz. "Come on now Mr. President." He said taking the seat beside him. "You didn't really think Vanity tried to kill Olivia all on her own do you? Who do you think told her to do it?"

Fitz started to laugh as he shook his head. "Cyrus would never try to kill Olivia." He said looking at Rowan, then turned sharply to Mellie as she shifted in her seat and pinned her with his gaze until she squirmed.

"Okay," she said with a huff. "It wouldn't be the first time Cy wanted Liv dead." She said hesitantly.

Fitz face grew red and he stood towering over Mellie. "Don't tell me you knew he wanted her dead and didn't say anything because you were jealous! Tell me that's not true!"

Mellie sat there with a heavy heart, but she refused to bow her head. With her back straight and her head high, she looked Fitz straight in the eyes.

"Don't try to make it seem like I overreacted. It was not a trivial matter back then. We were married! I wanted us to work! Wanted our marriage to be fixed, and you kept dangling her in my face. I hated her. I despised her. I just wanted her to go away." She said taking a breath.

"When Cyrus brought up killing her, I didn't participate, but I didn't object either." Some of the fire left her eyes and she slumped back in her chair. "I can't bear the thought of her actually dying now."

Fitz heard the sincerity in her voice and shook his head as he sat down. If he had known Cyrus's true feelings toward Olivia, he could've stopped it. He would've had Cyrus watched 24/7. Now she may die.

Rowan sat there looking between the two. "Well now Cyrus Beene is dead. Problem solved. You can thank Maya later." He said then turned to Fitz with a more serious look. "How is she?"

Fitz's shoulders drooped and he dropped in his seat. "She had a seizure. Her heart stopped, but they revived her. She's still in vegetable state. She hasn't woke up."

Rowan nodded curtly and walked over to Olivia's door looking into the window. He leaned his forehead against the frame and closed his eyes. "Come on Olivia."
*******************************
Jake paced back and forth in front of the unconscious man he had tied to a chair. He was shocked. Shocked! He didn't see this one coming. He should've known Rowan was this sick. What would Olivia think?

He saw her. Saw her eyes. Felt her stiffen beneath him. She was awake. That gave him hope. He knew of her condition now, but he knew that she was awake that night. Knew she felt it when he brushed his lips against hers.

He closed his eyes and squat down, pressing his hands against his face. He had to take care of this problem, but he knew it was too late. Olivia saw this man already. She knew who he was. He couldn't kill him. She wouldn't want him to.

He straightened slowly and looked at the man. His fingers flexed into fist. "Well, I won't kill him, but I am going to beat the hell out of him." He finished his sentence by slamming his fist into the man's face. He woke up with a start and stared in horror at the fist coming down on him rapidly.