Chapter 27

Rowan paced in front of Olivia's door. He was livid. Fitz Gerald Grant III had no respect for him or his daughter.

He had heard the gasped breaths coming from her room and went to check on her. The man had taken her right in the hospital bed.

He wanted to go in and rip the man apart, but he couldn't embarrass Olivia like that, so he paced.

"I know exactly how you feel," Rowan whirled around, being caught off guard for the second time. He watched as Jake emerged from the shadows, a frown on his face.

"What are you doing here Ballard?" Rowan asked, feeling off his game. He sat down and crossed his legs looking at Jake expectantly.

Jake looked toward Olivia's room, then mimicked Rowan's actions, sitting across from him. "One of your B613 agents have gone rogue."

"You mean besides you?" Rowan said as he sat back in his chair.

"I'm serious Rowan." Jake said in an exasperated tone. "This is a problem. He tried to take Olivia right out of this hospital."

Rowan's face turned into a mask of calm. "Who is he?" He said in a low tone.

Jake just stared at him.

Rowan watched Jake's face closely, then his eyes brightened menacingly as he understood. "Do you have him?" He said as he leaned forward locking eyes with Jake.

Jake nodded. "I have him." There was a small pause. "I need to know Rowan."

Eli leaned back in his chair in thought. "I saw the opportunity and I took it."

"Liv saw him Rowan. She was awake when he tried to take her. She saw him and she saw me take him."

Rowan placed his head in his hands. He couldn't have Olivia hating him, not when he almost lost her. He rubbed at the bridge of his nose, then straightened. "I'll take care of him myself Ballard. I can't have anything go wrong in his extermination."

Jake nodded, looking at Rowan closely. The older man never looked so old. Jake thought about what Huck had said about Olivia and her dad, and for the first time ever Jake felt sorry for him.

"Of course sir. She had just woken up and I'm sure I can make it seem as if she were dreaming. She can't remember much because of all the medicine she's on. She's probably questioning now if she had been dreaming." Jake said quietly.

Eli looked up and nodded, giving Jake a look of gratitude. Jake knew that would be the closest he got to a thank you from Rowan. From Command.

"I'm sure Huck knows?" Eli said tersely.

Jake nodded. "He is with him now."

"Good. He will keep an eye on him for me. There will be no torture, no hole. Nothing. Just an extermination. I can't risk it. He needs to be dead."

Jake nodded. "Yes sir"
***************************************
SORRY ITS SO SHORT! BUT I FIGURED I NEEDED TO GET A CHAPTER OUT FOR YOU GUYS! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE ONES WHO ARE FOLLOWING, VOTING, COMMENTING AND SAVING THIS STORY! THANK YOU VERY MICH AND WILL BE UPDATING SOON!