Chapter 20

"What the hell happened!"
Everyone turned around in shock at the president's voice.

He strode into the room looking formidable. His face was twisted in an agonized rage. His eyes, even watery, were hard as stone as he looked at everyone's face in the hospital waiting room.
"Someone better answer me before I have everyone locked up and tortured."

He walked towards Rowan even as he said it. Anger coursed through him. He had been in the pentagon handling Cyrus when he received the call about Olivia from David Rosen.

He had immediately left and came here only to be told Olivia was in surgery and in critical condition. The grave voice of the doctor sent chills up his spine. She had been shot in the stomach. She may not live.

"Sit down president Grant," Rowan said in a tired voice. He had been watching the man cautiously, but he couldn't deal with this. Not now. He was missing something. Something just out of his grasp. Something very important.

The events played in Rowan's head over and over. He knew there was something. Knew he had to figure it out if Olivia-

He shook his own thoughts out of his head. When Olivia makes it through.

Fitz stopped at the pained look on Rowan's face. His heart felt like it was sinking into his stomach. He couldn't breathe the whole way up and still was having trouble. She could not die. He wouldn't know what to do.

He slumped down in a chair across the table from Rowan. "What happened?" He asked in a much calmer, more defeated voice.

Rowan looked over at him in understanding. "She will live."
*****************************
Huck watched as the car pulled up to OP&A. The driver got out and opened Huck's door. He managed to get himself out the car handcuffed. They went in through the back and took the stairs up to OPA.

Huck and his captor stopped as they saw the yellow tape on the office doors.

"Get me out of these things." Huck said in a quiet tone. He didn't know what happened, but he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"I'm not taking the cuffs off Huck." The man said, but Huck was certain he heard a small tone of fear in the man's voice.

"Something has happened to one of my family. I have been cooperative so far because I know you have the power to hurt the people I love, but if you don't let me out of these cuffs you will see exactly what I am capable of."

Huck kept his voice steady and calm, making his threat even more deadlier.

"You can't kill me. Remember that Huck, if I go missing, your family dies." Slowly he reached for the key to unblock the special cuffs he placed on Huck's hand and stepped back.

Huck hesitated only a moment, before bursting through the doors of his employment. He checked each office as he passed, frantic to get to Olivia's.

He opened her door and his mind went black as he took in the amount of blood on the floor. Her blood. Olivia's blood. He knew it.

"What the hell?"

Huck turned around at the man. "If you had something to do with this I will kill you and everyone else involved. That is a promise."

"I had nothing to do with this." The man said as Huck pushed passed him, knocking into him hard.

Huck was shaking. He went to his office, collected his tools and heading to the hospital. His captor remained behind, still staring at the blood spot on the floor.
**********************
"Cyrus are you okay?"

"Yes I'm okay!" Cyrus yelled slapping at the hand that tried to touch his face. "How the hell were you able to get me out of here?" He asked walking briskly to the black sedan.

"I had a little help. Look, I need a little more money. I have to get out of here. I did what you asked me, plus some."

Cyrus stared out the window of the car in rage. Fitz had picked her over him. He always picked her over him. He gave him everything. Sacrificed everything for Fitzgerald Grant III. He loved him! Why couldn't he see that!

"Did you do it? Is she dead?"

He turned his head to look at Vanity in question. "Yes I did it." She said quietly. "She won't make it."