alcoholic, derek

trigger warning: talk of alcohol
           abuse and  addiction.
                                 -

"what's the point of being in a relationship if the person you're with doesn't have any sincere feelings for you?" y/n asked her psychiatrist as she toke a drink of the vodka.

"what's the point of being here if you're just going to drink?" her psychiatrist, julie, asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"well at least i'm actually telling you sincere feelings." y/n said as she threw the empty bottle of alcohol next to her on the couch.

"y/n would you consider going to rehab for your drinking problem?" julie asked as she wrote down random notes on her notepad.

"i'm not addicted. i just drink to get my mind off things for awhile." y/n truthfully said.

"and how long is awhile y/n? you've been here over 10 times since the breakup and every time you have a bottle in your hands." she said as she finally stopped scribbling down things.

"things haven't been good for a very long time, which is why i'm here. aren't you supposed to make things better?" y/n asked.

"i can't make things better if you're constantly drinking and don't want help." julie said with a frustrated sigh.

"my mother thinks something's wrong with me. that's why i'm here, for my mom." y/n admitted.

"and what does she think is wrong with you?" she asked as she jotted down more notes. "aside from the addiction."

y/n rolled her eyes. "i've been having nightmares. just it's usually me waking up screaming and crying. i thought it was a one time thing but it keeps happening. i don't think it's because of the alcohol."

"when exactly did these night terrors start occurring y/n?" she asked, finally making eye contact with y/n.

"right after the break up. the alcohol helps with the terrors." y/n explained.

"what happens in these terrors?" she asked.

"it goes back to the night we lost my older sister except instead of me being in the living room i'm in the car with her when it happens. i scream and scream for her but she can't hear me. then just like that the truck comes barreling in and her screams fill the air. then everything stops." y/n concluded.

"it seems derek was a muse for the night terrors. you managed to forget about them when you're with him huh?" she said as she placed her paper and pen down.

"well i was with him when it happened. now i'm not. so i guess i was used to him always being there." y/n said with a shrug.

"well i don't know what to say. i would prescribe medication but i know you won't take it. i'll see you this thursday y/n at the same time." she said.

y/n picked up the empty glass bottle and left the room. she made sure to throw the empty bottle away knowing her mother would freak out if she saw her with it.

y/n saw her mother's car and quickly jumped in."

"hey," y/n said.

"how did it go?" she asked as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"complete shit." y/n muttered as she untangled her headphones.

"language." she muttered. "it's true."
y/n mumbled before playing her music again.

the time was 11:30 pm as the security guard let her into the club. y/n's sister was a well known person at clubs meaning y/n was too, everyone knew her.

y/n walked towards the bar and sat on a stool. she rubbed her face as she mumbled a, "one margarita please."

"id?" he asked as he held out his hand. y/n pulled her id out of her wallet and gave it to the guy. he observed it before handing it back to her and muttering, "it's $5.75"

y/n toke her id back and pulled ten dollars out of her wallet. before she could place the money down a hand placed the same amount down. "i'm paying." a familiar voice said causing
y/n to roll her eyes.

the bartender left to go get derek's change as y/n played with her nails. "what are you doing here derek?" y/n muttered.

"what are you doing here y/n? you should be home," he said causing y/n to roll her eyes.

"if i wanted a lecture i would just go home to my mom," y/n said as she drank the margarita.

"i'll take that." derek said before taking the drink from her hands and drinking it.

"what the hell?" y/n muttered, trying to get it back.

"i payed for it." he said causing her to scoff.

"you're such a asshole! this is why we didn't work out!" y/n exclaimed.

"it wasn't just my fault." derek said causing y/n to sarcastically laugh.

"oh sorry i forget i was the one that cheated huh. you know as far as i remember i didn't hook up with someone else while we were dating."
y/n said as derek grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving.

she shoved his grip off and walked out the bar, infuriated with the man.

                                 -