The Alternatives

(Mark's P.O.V)

I've been watching Y/N all afternoon, she hasn't shown any sign of consciousness. She needs to wake up, she needs to explain what happened because I have no clue. How am I going to explain to Jack that his sister was magically lifted up and thrown against a wall?! When he came home and asked me how she was, I lied and said she was sleeping but what's gonna happen if she doesn't wake up.

I was brought out of deep thought by a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door and on the other side stood a man in a long jacket.
''Mark Fischbach?"
''Yes''
He looked at me and smiled before pushing past me and into the house. He set some bags on the floor and started removing his jacket.
''Um excuse me, who are you?''
''Samuel septicay, but you can call me Sam''
''What are you doing here?''
Now he was stood in the light I had a better look at him and his peculiar features. He had one blue eye and the other was covered by a bandage/eye patch. He wore a green dress shirt with a dark green tie which matched his greeny brown hair that settled under a flat cap. Jack and this guy would definitely get along.
''Tim will you hurry up and get in here''
I turned to see another man except he was a bit more muscular and less peculiar. In fact he was rather plain; he had brown hair with blue eyes and his skin contained more colour then the previous gentlemen.
''Where am I putting these'' he held up two huge suitcases.
''Put them over there for now we'll move them when we know where we're staying''
''What do you mean? Where are you staying?! This is my house so tell me who the hell you men are?!''
''No need to shout, we're here to see Y/N''
''She's sleeping''
Jack stood at the foot of the stairs. Both men looked at each other and then at me.
''I'm guessing you didn't tell him what you saw?''
''Tell me what? What did you see?"
''Non of that matters now since I believe you're more interested in why us two are here''
''Yes, we are.''
''Well it's quite the long story''
''Is it about Y/N?''
''Yes.''
''Then we have time.''

''When Y/N was seven years old, her mind and soul opened up. She allowed access to the people of the other worlds''
''Who are they?''
''The people of the other world are alterations of the people in this world, you could say our alter ego's. It started with an alternative of Jack but now its grown. She now home to many alternatives. This wouldn't be a problem if the alternatives were good''
''So they're bad?"
''They're beyond bad, they're demonic''
''What?!"
''What Tim means is that these alternatives have abilities that make them dangerous, but anyway back to the story. Y/N started to do things that people would call odd. Her parents wanted to help her, but the doctors said it was just a kid thing''
''I remember that my parents were gonna send her away, but if the doctors said she was fine, then why would the send her away?''
''Yes, her parents were gonna send her away, but not to the mad house, you see, this is where we come in. Tim had heard about the young Y/N's condition and he thought it was quite interesting so he told your parents to meet us and that we might be able to help her. When they told us about her condition I knew what had to be done. I told them that Y/N had a very special gift but she needed teaching on how to use it. We suggested to them that we'd look after her and teach her how to control her ability so we could prevent any sort of disaster in the future. Unfortunately your parents were killed.''
''The car crash''
Jack spoke in a barely audible whisper, his voice filled with pain.
''Yeah and that's when we realized what we were dealing with, what kind of alternative we were up against.''
He paused and took a deep breath before continuing.
''I'm sorry Jack but your parents we're murdered by your alternate''
''What?! how is that even possible?!''
''If the host's mind is weak enough and the alternatives' power is strong enough, they can walk out of their mind but for only a short amount of time and they can't wander to far from their hosts, otherwise they simply disappear''
I could see Jack's eyes starting to fill with tears.
''But why would they do that?"
''They need Y/N to be weak and defenseless against them, they killed your parents so she wouldn't be sent to us. We were going to help build a barrier against them and help her keep control. But they didn't want that, they wanted to be able to take over and now they can.''
''This is impossible, it can't be true, you're lying...!''
''I'm afraid I'm not, your sister is in grave danger! The people in her head are dark, powerful beings that will do what ever they need to do to achieve their goal''
''And that is?"
''To capture her soul and destroy her mortality.''

Me and Jack froze in terror. Just the thought of losing Y/N kills me.

''They won't be able to do this until next Friday.''
''That's her birthday...''
''Now, we might be able to cleanse her before then''
''What do you mean cleanse?"
''Wipe away the alternatives''
''How do we do that?"
''Sam has a gift too, not exactly like Y/N but he has a connection to the other world and its that, that's going to help us''
When Tim tells us this I look back at Sam to see a faint green glow escaping from his covered eye. Once he realized he stood up and turned his back to us.

''So is it okay for us to stay now?''
''Of cause you can, bedrooms upstairs'' (lol how many bedrooms does mark have ~editor-chan)
''Thank you.''
''So when can you start?''
''As soon as we're set up and that'll take about an hour or so.''
''Are you sure it's going to work''
''It is not definite but it might''
''Ow, okay then''
I see Jack's desperate face, he needs this to work and so do I, we need her to be okay, we need her.

(http://i-am-bleu.deviantart.com/art/Jack-makes-Mark-feel-better-523150812)