Chapter diez y seis

"You know what you need?" I ask Bradley, making him look at me with a questioning frown planted on his face. He just told me that Jack is moving again. He hasn't told him as soon as he found out, but somehow Bradley overheard him talking with a friend. They are not on speaking terms and I really tried to speak some sense into him, since we've been in this room. But this boy is way too stubborn for his own good.

"You need to talk to him. Even though, he didn't tell you and you feel like you never want to see him again, because he kept this from you, you will regret it later. So go ahead, be mad. But in the end, it's you who'll fuck it up. Yes, he did keep it from you, but probably only to find a way to tell you. He must really like you, if he thought he couldn't tell you, right away." I say and he looks down at his shaking hands.

I take them and he nods, not saying a word. I think he's starting to get sober again and I feel proud of myself for making him realize stuff. It is still weird for me to talk about this kind of stuff with him, but it is comfortable to know that he'll be here for me too, if I need him one time.
After a long pause, he turns to me, smiling.

"You're so amazing, Em. Thank you for being here for me. But now, let's talk about you." He looks at me and clears his throat. Oh no. I know where this is going.
"I saw you with Xandros." He looks at me, carefully observing my reaction.

"And, well...don't get me wrong, but aren't you guys like enemies now? Because from what I've seen on the game tonight, it didn't look like that." He continues, making me scrunch up my nose.

"I wouldn't call us enemies, but we try not to interact with each other. Sadly, lately it has been quite the complicated mission." I say and he nods.
"How so?" He asks.

"Well, starting off with the fact, that he is in a lot of my classes. We don't talk a lot in class, actually not at all. But there is always this awkward tension." I answer and he frowns at me, this time in suspicion.

"You're hiding something, aren't you?" He asks. Damn him for being so observing.
"Maybe the fact that we had to spend time together a few weeks ago and he fainted and slept in my bed." I say.
"How did you have to spend time together?"
"Aren't you a little nosey today?" I joke and he shrugs.

"Well, his grandma and my mom are good friends. And since he came back, my mom thought why not acting as if nothing happened between the two of us and reunite again." I roll my eyes, making him chuckle.
"Well, that sucks. But can I ask you one last question and then we can go back to the crowd or do whatever you want?" He asks and I nod my head, wanting to get out of this room and just dance.

"What happened between you two? I just remember that you were crying a lot one night and he didn't call or text you back. You wouldn't tell me and I think your fight had something to do with me." He says and I laugh bitterly, remembering the scene as if it was just yesterday. I cried so much because of him and he didn't care. He still doesn't and he never will again. I lost him that night.

"It did have something to do with you. And looking back at it now, I think both, me and Hades were acting a little dramatic." I answer and he nods, patiently waiting for me to continue.
"That day, I remember we had a date. And I totally forgot about mine and Hades' 11th anniversary. Anyways, when he came to my place after you brought me home, we had the biggest argument. He told me how you didn't deserve me and stuff." I tell him and he gulps.

"I was on my period at that time, I remember that, so my emotions were kind of all over the place. And I will not say that I blame my hormones for having this fight with Hades, but they definitely did their job that night. Anyways, I was defending you and he went on with his speech about you being a total douche bag. He said you only like girls who dress like hoes and before he could continue, I slapped him. I never ever slapped him before. But he was just so determined to convince me and at that time, I really thought you loved me." I shrug, feeling a weird tension surrounding us.