Chapter veinte

Hades' PoV:

"I am very well aware that I'm late, guys. I'm sorry. I had...some sort of an emergency at home." I roll my eyes and sit down next to Noah on the booth. We are eating at Darmetir's for the fourth time this week and I'm still not getting fed up. Noah and the twins exchange a look, making me frown.

"So is your grandma alright?" Noah asks and I nod. Thank god.
"Yes she is and she will be coming home in a few days." I tell them, picking at Cameron's fries. He slaps my hand away and I smirk at him. I didn't tell them that I'm sleeping over at Emma's house, simply because they don't have to know that.

"That's good." Noah says. He is acting a little bit off today. But before I could ask him, my food arrives and I immediately dig into it. Ana's food was amazing and now Darmetir's is making me so happy. I don't even care about the fact that the twins are eyeing my food openly, showing me that they are planning a move.

"Don't even try." I glare at them and they chuckle, moving their hands towards my extra plate of curly fries. I slap their hands and cover my food with my other hand. I hear a few giggles from behind me and turn around.

"Oh, hi guys." I hear Noah say from next to me and smile at Zada, Brooklyn and Stella. I didn't know we would meet them today, but the more the better, right?

"Hi. Sorry for the lateness." Brooklyn says and sits down next to Zada, who is seated next to Noah on his right side. Stella takes the seat next to Brendon.

"No worries. You aren't the only ones who are too late." Noah says and looks at me. Soon the whole table turns their attention towards me, making me roll my eyes.

"I told you I had an emergency." I mumble and take another bite of my food. The girls nod and I look at an uneasy looking Zada.

"What's up with you?" I ask her. She just shrugs and I let her take a fry from my food. Cameron and Brendon scoff and cross their arms over their chests simultaneously. I chuckle and wait for Zada to answer.

"Emma isn't picking up her phone. And when we went to talk to her, she didn't open her door. But I know she's home because her window was open and I could hear her music." She says with a frown plastered on her face. I frown myself and now everything makes sense.

She asked me to help her with geometry because she didn't have another chance. For some reason she doesn't turn her phone on and I think I know why. I can't help but feel used. I actually thought she wanted to, I don't know, call a truce or something. When in reality she just couldn't find another thing to help her with her homework. I clench my jaw and look away. Wow, I'm stupid.

If she thinks it's okay to use me, just so she doesn't have to deal with her friends then she has another thing coming. I actually took my time to explain and try to teach her some geometry. I wasted all that time, just so she doesn't have to use her phone.

"Maybe she needs some time to cool off. I mean, I guess she really didn't like it when she saw us at the party." I say and they nod.
"I guess, but I still think she's exaggerating." Stella shrugs. I guess she is. But considering the fact that she really doesn't like me, unless she needs my fucking help, I actually understand her.

"How is your grandmother, by the way?" Zada asks, making me smile.

"She's doing good. Thanks for asking." I tell her and she smiles back at me. I watch her starting a conversation with Noah. After we ate, we decided to go over to Noah's place. The girls are strangely good at video games. We play a few rounds and I look at my watch. It's already past four and I need at least an hour to the hospital.

"Guys, I'll leave now. See ya." I say and stand up.
"You're visiting your grandma?" Zada asks and I nod.
"Can you drop me off at Em's?" I guess she still isn't done with trying to talk to her.