Chapter veinte y tres

Friday rolled around faster than expected and I'm currently driving myself and Hades home from the hospital. It felt great to see Maria again. The doctor said she would be able to come home within the next week. Hades was so happy and I was too. I can finally run around without a bra again!

"Am I doing this right?" I hear him ask and glance over at him. He has my lip gloss out and is currently painting his nails with the little lip gloss brush.
"What are you doing with my lip gloss? Put it back." I say, holding back a laugh.

"Wait, lip gloss? That looks like nail polish." He says and I laugh at his surprised tone. It kinda does look like nail polish.
"Now it makes sense why it smells so good." He continues and I shake my head. He puts the lip gloss back in my purse, but continues looking through it.

"Hey. Don't you know what people say? Don't ever look through a woman's purse." I say, afraid he would find the-
"Hey, what's this?" He asks, opening my tampon. I bite my cheek in order to stop myself from laughing out loud.

"That looks like a space rocket." He says, eyeing the pink protector of my tampon. Oh god.
"Can you put that back?" I ask him and he sighs.
"But why do you have a mini rocket in your purse? And so many too." He asks, looking down into my purse.

"Do you really don't know what that is?" I ask him, making him frown. Did he really think that was a mini space rocket?
"Uh..." He hums.
"You know I'm a woman..." I give him a hint.

"Uhu...OH!" He quickly throws the tampon back into my purse and stops looking through it. Thank god. I laugh out loud and he laughs awkwardly. This was golden. I should've let him open it. Most guys would put it in their nose.

"So are we going to the game tonight?" He asks me and I shrug. I really don't want to.
"If you want." I say and he sighs.
"You know I don't care about football at all. Let's go to Noah's or so." He suggests.

"Sure." I say and make a turn to Noah's house. This whole week has been going great. Hades and I talk like normal people and act like friends. He has been eating in school too and me and Zada talked about the snapping incident. I told her that I didn't mean it to come out like that and she said she would understand and didn't expect me to have wanted it to come out harsh anyways.

"We have this BHWF next week. You're excited?" I hear him ask me.
"I guess. You know I never liked these big events, but I hope we'll have at least one team that beats Peterson high this year." I answer.

"I think our school, especially Misses Flitch takes this event way too seriously." He says and I nod. Yes, I noticed that too. But I also understand that she wants to win. After all, she has been teaching there for a while and rumor has it that the students there roasted her.

"Maybe." I answer and pull up into Noah's driveway behind his mother's car. We jump out of my truck and walk towards his front door. Hades places his hand on my back and we push the doorbell. We hear a few voices and the door finally opens, revealing a little boy. Aww he looks so-

"NOAH!" He yells, widens the door and runs up the stairs. Okay then.
"Don't feel offended. He's always like this." Hades shrugs and I nod. We hear Noah walk down the stairs and smile. We always come without asking him first, but Hades said he doesn't have anything to do anyways.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing here?" He asks and I and Hades exchange a look. Well that's a first. He never asks us what we want. He also always comes from downstairs instead of upstairs.

"We thought we would surprise our favourite ginger." I joke and he rolls his eyes, but hugs me. Hades pushes him off me, as always and gives him one of those bro hugs.
"You can go downstairs, I'll just quickly run upstairs and take my phone. Call the guys." He tells us and stumbles over the first step. I hold back a laughter and watch him run upstairs.