Chapter veinte y cuatro

The whole drive home is silent and I hate it. I can only hear mine and Hades' fast breathing. Although I think we have two different reasons for the fast breathing. I stop the car behind my mom's in the driveway and get out. Hades jumps out as well and joins me at the front door. I'm quick to run up the stairs and almost get into my room without Hades, when he grips my shirt and drags me into the guest room.

Why the guest room? I don't know. But he angrily closes the door and I sigh and sit down on his bed. He paces in front of me, slowly like a tiger in his cage.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" He asks, now standing in front of me with his hands on his hips. I stand up, because having him stand and myself sit, gives him an intimidating vibe. But he pushes me down on the bed, so I sigh and stay seated.

"Because it is so long ago and if you haven't noticed, you already hate Bradley enough." I say and he groans.
"I will kill him, I'm telling you." Knowing him, he probably even would.
"Hades, stay away from him." I cross my arms over my chest when he looks at me with surprise.

"I forgot he was your priority." He growls. It feels like he just slapped me in the face. Memories of two years ago flash through my mind and I look at his hurt face. I stand up and near him.

"I never picked him over you, Hades. You left me." I say and see him straighten his back. I think it's time we talk. He looks down at me with a deep frown, that is covering his hurt look. I drop eye contact and sigh. I would never pick anybody over him. If he would've given me an ultimatum, it would've been him. It would always be him.

"You slapped me, because I called him a dick. You told me to leave you alone. I did." He says, his voice filled with emotions. I look back up at him, seeing his hurt look again.
"I slapped you, because I thought you called me a slut. I told you to leave me alone, but I didn't think I would never see you again." I say, a single tear falling down my cheek.

"But you could've visited me." He says, looking away from me. I knew this was coming. And I know that's where I fucked up.
"I know." I whisper and sit down on his bed.

"If you picked me over him, you would've visited me. If it was the other way around, I would have done everything to get you back." He says, the anger coming back to him. I avoid looking at him when I say the next thing.

"When you left, I called you. I came to your place, but Maria said you weren't there, when I knew you were in your room. And when you got arrested I found out over the news. I thought if you wanted to have something to do with me, you would've had the balls to tell me that." I say and play with my nails.

"Maria offered me to visit you with her, but I always declined. I couldn't see you, knowing I would be the last person you wanted to see on earth. I slapped you, for Pete's sake. I never slapped you before." I run a hand through my hear. I hear him step closer to me and soon he grips my chin and makes me look up at him. He is still standing and I'm sitting, so this must look weird from an other perspective.

"For the first few months, you were all I was waiting for. I felt devastated when you never came. I felt alone and fucking broken. You know you were the only one I cared about, besides my grandma. And I still do. But you just never came." He says, frowning down at me, making me close my eyes. He let's go of my chin and distances himself from me again.

I'm debating whether I should tell him about my bad place or if I should let him cool down first. I wipe my tears away and stand up. He looks at me in confusion and I near him.
"I couldn't come. Even if I knew that you wanted me to, I know I couldn't." I say and make a move to leave, but he grips my elbow.

"Is that it? That's the talk I was waiting for?" He asks disappointed and I shake my head.
"That's the talk I give you, concerning Bradley. You stay away from him." I tell him again and he glares at me, letting my elbow go.