Chapter diez y siete

Hades' PoV:

"You good, now?" I hear Noah ask next to me and nod.
"I wasn't bad." I shrug, seeing him laugh and shake his head at me. He steps closer and I straighten my back after wiping my mouth. I threw up, thankfully most of the alcohol and now I feel like shit.

I can't remember drinking so much that I couldn't hold it in. I've been pretty stressed out lately and just needed some time out. I take the water bottle out of his hands and gulp it down, enjoying the cold liquid running down my throat.

"Whatever, let's go back in." He says and I nod. I actually enjoy Zada's, Brooklyn's and Stella's company. If Emma wouldn't act as if I'm the worst person on this planet and just be with us, instead of fucking her ex, I wouldn't mind having her around me.

Before Noah and I could take another step, Emma comes rushing towards me. I frown at her concerned face when she stands in front of me and pulls me towards her.
"Come with me, we need to-"

"Hold on." I say, interrupting her and stopping her from gripping my shirt. The fuck she's on?
"The fuck you think you are? Get your dirty hands off me, take a fucking step back and leave me alone." I growl in her face. Shit, I'm mad. I ignore her hurt look and look away from her, crossing my arms. What did she expect? Did she think she could just easily jump from Compton to me?

"Listen Hades, we need to leave. Your grandma fell down the stairs. Get your head out of your ass and fucking follow me, if you don't want me to touch you." She says and turns around. I need a few seconds to comprehend what she just told me. My grandma? I follow Emma to her car and grip her elbow. She better not be joking about this.

"Wait, hold on. What happened?" I ask her, stopping us both from moving forward. She pulls her arm away forcefully and shoves a finger in the flesh of my chest.
"Whilst you were out here, drinking your fucking organs away, Maria missed a step and fell down the stairs. That's all my mom told me, so come the fuck on." She turns around again. Fuck, abuela.

I quickly follow her into her car, not surprised by the fact that she old timer. She turns the key in the engine and brings the car to life. I put my seat belt on, knowing this is going to be a long car drive, because the nearest hospital is at least an hour away. If she drives fast, we could make it in 45 minutes.

"Can you drive?" I ask when she pulls out of our parking spot.
"What do you mean? Of course I can drive. Do I look like I can't drive to you?" She snaps, glancing at me and I put my hands up in surrender. I sigh and gulp the rest of the bottle down. You would think I would be the one freaking out, because my grandma is in the hospital. But ever since I know Emma, she hates the hospital. In her mind, people only go there when they die.

"Can you call your mom and ask if she's okay, please?" I ask and she hands me her already unlocked phone. I quickly call her mother and she picks up after the first ring and starts talking without even saying hello.

"Did you find him? Are you guys on your way?" She asks.
"Yes, she found me. Can you tell me where exactly she is and if she's having serious damages?" I ask, feeling my body stiffen at Ana's hectic voice.

"She is okay and awake. She will probably be able to go home tomorrow." She says and my heart beats at its normal pace again. I hear Emma sigh next to me and say a quick thank you and bye to her mom.

"At least we know, she's alright." I murmur, feeling relieved. I can't tell you that I'm a hundred percent relieved, unless I see that she's okay. I wouldn't know what I would've done if something happened to her. She is the only person that was there for me when I needed somebody. She's the closest to a mother that I have and I love her so much.