8. Touchy Fever

SORRY TO THE ONES WHO GOT A NOTIFICATION YESTERDAY BUT COULD NOT SEE THE CHAPTER. I PUBLISHED IT BUT UNPUBLISHED IT STRAIGHT AWAY TO CORRECT SOME SENTENCES. I REALLY THOUGHT I HAD CLICKED THE PUBLISH BUTTON AFTERWARDS, BUT LOOKS LIKE I DIDN'T

Note: The word 'it' means the voice in this chapter. Example: It said. "bla bla bla"

Seconds turn into minutes as I am standing in the room, surrounded by nothing else than a seemingly normal office. When I find my mind getting blurry, I quickly shake my head and blink several times. Even though I am scared of whatever this is, I am more afraid to not answer and anger it.

"Okay. One question then", I give in.

This is not what I came here for, but it is still better than nothing. It actually isn't, but I guess I try to tell myself that it's okay. In a worst case scenario I could have been killed by now. For all I know it can still be planning to do so.

"This might take long. Sit down."

Great. Now even an invisible voice is commanding me.

I confidently speak up: "No, I'm good." Does it hear my voice shaking? Does it see my knees trembling?

The answer comes a lot louder and more harsh compared to the tone it had earlier spoken with. "I am not asking. Sit down." The yelling comes too sudden. The fright is too big. I jump in my spot. "Sit down", it yells. Without hesitating I do as he says. In no time, I find myself on the floor.

"Not on the floor." My anxiety feels like kicking in again. Not now. Please. "Why don't you sit next to me?" Because I'm not even sure what's happening right now. Jimin's body is still on the sofa, he has not even moved an inch. Yet this voice in the room acts as if he is Jimin. It doesn't sound like Jimin, but it does, however, speak like him. Is it Jimin or not? The funny thing about this is that I'm not scared anymore. My confusion has hit the point where I don't have enough energy to even bother trying to understand the situation.

"Is it really him?" I do not mean for it to come out as a whisper. It was supposed to be a thought, kept only to myself.

"Yes, it is really me", it sighs, "Now go and sit next to me."

Even the most primitive act, like swallowing my spit, seems like the hardest task to complete. I am afraid that once I sit down, he will suddenly wake up from his sleep, or from death for all I know, and hurt me. But, nothing happens. Jimin is still passed out. Not causing me any harm.

"See. Was that so scary?" I focus my eyes on the floor, not bothering to answer, but that is not an appreciated act. "When I ask you something, you better answer!"

"N-No."

"What?!" The loud voice roars in my office, and I am very surprised that no one has come in to check up on me yet. Are you sure that anyone will come and check up on you?

"That was a no to your first question. A yes to your second question." My explanation seems to be good enough, because it does not say anything else. My hands are still shaking.

"What's your question?"

"I-I want to know-"

I turn around to examine Jimin for a second. It is interesting to think of how much could change in just a second. Once I look at him my anxiety turns into anger. There are pink marks close to his collarbone. However, they seem to be slowly fading away. Almost invisible, but radiation for my eyes. When did he get these? I fight the urge to drag down his long sleeved shirt and to examine the rest of his marks.