12. Revelation

Long ass chapter ahead. Don't rush. Take your time.

Many secrets will be revealed.

Before you start reading:

Comment your theory on this line (so that you can see how much it changes towards the end)

Who's your favorite character?

THE PROTAGONIST'S NAME IS NO LONGER HYERI

THE PROTAGONIST'S NAME IS CHANGED TO EVELIN

Old stairs do creak. That I understand. My definition of an old house and old stairs would be if it was over five-teen years old. Tell me why the heck a seven years old staircase creaks? Never has it made noises as loud as now. Has even the stairs teamed up with Yoongi today?

Reaching the last step my whole body feels at ease. I can breathe out. I am going to put on some shoes and then head for the bus. I can actually make it.

There is just one tiny little fact I have forgotten about. Well, tiny as in a 175 cm tall, grumpy, but hardworking blondie, who usually is up at this hour and is currently sitting by the table in the kitchen and drinking tea.

"Why are you up?" Fuck.

How will you save your ass from this situation? You should be in bed. Doctor's orders. You know that.

Oh God. Are you back?

When did I ever leave?

Good question.

"Good morning!" My voice is faker than ever as I turn around facing Yoongi, with a huge grin. He puts his cup of tea down on the table. I ignore his question, in the hopes of him not bothering to ask me again. But he does though. He does.

"Why aren't you in bed?"

She's stupid, that's why.

"I'm getting up for work."

As if.

He arches one perfect eyebrow. "No, you're not."

Oh God. Don't say Jimin has told him. My day will be ruined for sure. But then again how would he know Yoongi? "You can't tell me what to do or not do. You're not my parent. You don't have authority over me. I get it that you are concerned. I get it that you are afraid of me getting hurt again. I get..."

The moment I see him not paying attention anymore, my voice dies away. His body shakes for every laughter he hardly tries to suppress, but fails to.

Yoongi doesn't laugh. He isn't the type to. Especially not on early mornings.

So why is he laughing now? The only answer I receive from Jimin is his laughter. Great, I have two boys, one in front of me and the other one inside of my head, laughing at me as if I was a standup comedian.

"Why are you laughing?" This question is meant for both of them. Jimin answers it first.

I can't believe how dumb you are.

"I didn't say you could not go to work. I simply said you didn't only wake up for work at 5 in the morning", finishing his sentence he brings the cup to his lips, "Am I right or am I right?"

Don't you just hate to admit when someone digs out the things you want to keep a secret?

I can imagine that I am looking like a child right now, pouting. "You are right."

"So where are you heading to?" Before I can answer him, he adds, "And no lies, thank you." As I shoot him a death glare he gives me a fake smile.

"I already told you. I am going to work."