Chapter Two (The Human Life)

I woke up around midnight and found I had fallen asleep with the tv still on. I made my way to the bathroom an combed through my hair and brushed my teeth. I walked out to the vending machines by my room and got some snacks and a water. When I got back to the room I changed into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

It was around four in the morning when I decided to go back to sleep. When I laid down I cut off the television. It was quiet, well as quiet as it can be when you have extremely sensitive hearing. With my wolf on high alert every second of everyday and night I can't exactly shut any of my senses down. I finally feel tired an start to feel the darkness take over and the last thought I have is what do I do now?

I woke up at ten in the morning an decide it's time to get up. This was the best sleep I had in a really long time. Maybe it's because I didn't have to worry about my parents barging in every five minutes to beat me up. I never fought back because I know I would've killed them and also given away my secret. I was seven when I shifted the first time. Yes it's an unusual age but it happened. I didn't go home that day until I learned to mask my scent. I had to learn all the things I know now in the duration of eleven years. Now I'm in a nice hotel room fixing to leave again.

After I showered and got dressed I brushed my hair and teeth. I gathered my things and left the room. When I entered the lobby the same lady from yesterday smiled at me.

"Checking out dear?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok dear, if you would sign this and here is your fifty dollar deposit back. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime."

"Thank you."

After leaving the hotel I made my way to one of the diners. Since it's was one in the afternoon I decided I would get bacon cheeseburger and fries. It's nice to actually be able to have so real food and a big meal now. I was never allowed to eat food like this; I was forced to eat things like soups or bread or some kind of beans, but I never really got a full serving. When I made my way to the booth and sat down just like last time it didn't take long for a waiter to ask my order. I gave him my order and sat patiently waiting for my food. My food only took about fifteen minutes I didn't complain though; the food had been made right after I ordered so it tasted better. Once I finished my food and payed for it I started heading in the same direction as before. I figure in this town I was only a state away from the pack so I need to put more distance between us.

I have been walking in my human form all day. It's been almost two days since I became a rogue. The pack may come hunt me down but probably only to kill me for being a traitor. With that thought I start walking faster. I need to put more distance between the pack and me. It's almost nine now an I haven't tried finding anywhere to settle down for the night. I think I may just keep going until I get so tired I have to settle down for the night. I slow my pace to take in my surroundings. Two hours later I hear water coming from ahead. I pick up my pace so I can get there faster, I really need something to drink. It's approximately elven at night an I haven't rested since this morning. I'm about two states away by now but I need to keep moving.

As I come to a clearing there is a beautiful lake and a waterfall. Its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I can't take my eyes off of it. Maybe I should stay here for the night. It's too late to find a town an I can't sense anyone around for miles. I start making my way towards the lake. Once I get there I knelt down to get a drink of water. I got the water bottle from the hotel out of my bag and I filled it up for tomorrow. I don't know how long it'll be before I find another town or more water. As I set up for the night I'll spend in the woods I listen to the noises around. I can hear the fall of the water and all the calming sounds of nature. I lay down and get comfortable an fall asleep to the light sounds of nature.

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

Sorry if it's not what you expected. I wrote this in class. I have been really busy and haven't been able to write much, but I promise the next chapter will be longer. I know the first two are short but I'm trying to write in my free time. I also want to post faster because I know how annoying it gets when you have to wait so long. Thanks for reading please vote/comment. Thanks for reading.