Chapter Four

Chapter Four

They're all around me there is too many for me to fight off alone. I did nothing to them, they aren't rogues, and I know I'm not in their pack territory. Why did they come here I did nothing wrong and I don't recall this ever happening before. I turn my body an see a shifter that looks like he's missing part of his ear. He's watching my intently like he's waiting to see what I'll do. *SNAP* I stepped on a twig. Before I can turn around I'm pinned to the ground by the one missing part of his ear.

"AHHHHHHH" I wake myself from my sleep screaming. My hair is stuck to my forehead from sweat. I'm drench in sweat from head to toe. I strip from my clothes and get into the lake to cool down and rinse off the sweat. It's been awhile since my last bath. I'm glad I'm a shifter since my cuts and bruises go away soon after I would get done being a human punching bag. Although one scar remains and it's very visible. It's runs on my right side from below my ribs down to my hip bone. My father punished me for trying to run once but it didn't stop him afterwards to keep punishing me. It took a little while long for it to heal up but this scar was one my wolf self couldn't heal without it being a scar. Enough reflecting on the past. I got out of the lake and changed into some clean clothes which consists of a t-shirt and a pair of cut of denim shorts. I start walking in the same direction I've been going.

It's been an hour of walking and I finally hear people I smell humans but I believe there are some wolves mixed in so I don't know how this will work. I know rogues are hated by all packs but I have never heard of women rogues being hated because women never become rogue. Considering I'm the first female shifter in over a hundred years I don't know what could happen. I'm taking a chance though since I haven't eaten much since that day at the diner. I step into this new packs territory and head straight to a diner. I just hope this pack isn't like my last one. Once I enter the diner I am greeted my a waiter who shows me to a seat. I sit down and ask for sweet tea since it no longer morning. The waiter walks off to get my drink. I'm too consumed in my thoughts of what I want to eat I don't notice someone is seated in front of me until they clear their throat. I jump from my seat and look up to see a guy sitting there. He has black hair, brown eyes, and a heart stopping smile. I can't see what he's wearing since he's covered by my menu and the table.

"Can I help you?" I ask the stranger.

"No but I was wondering why you're here."

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you in a town like this?"

I was going to answer but then I smelled it how did I not notice before he's a wolf. Damn I hope he doesn't know anything. His next words tell me he does.

"After you finish eating I have to take you to the Alpha. This is very unusual though I didn't know women became rogues. Also I thought if they did they would be dead within the first couple hours."

"Well women don't become rogues, and yes they would be dead by then unless they are lucky like I was."

Before he could say anything else the waiter came back to ask my order I gave him my order of a bacon cheese burger and fries. There was nothing else on the menu that was enough for me. After the waiter walked away I turned back the the wolf and asked, " What's your name?"

"It's John."

"Miya." After that he got up and left just in time for the waiter to return with my food. Once I finished eating I made my way out of the diner where John was. I really don't want to go meet his Alpha but I need to.

~JOHN'S POV~

Miya came out of the diner ten minutes later after I left. I mind linked the Alpha and told him about her. He said to bring her to him so he could figure out what to do with her. She has a sense of power to her but she's a female which means she can't shift. I only knew she wasn't human because of her scent. Once she reached me we got in my truck and headed to the pack house. The Alpha should be in his office so this meeting will be confidential. We drove to the pack house in complete silence it was an awkward silence, but I'm just glad neither of us talked. I could tell she didn't trust people especially men, but she has so many walls built up I can't read her. I don't think our Alpha is going to let her leave since she was lucky enough to make it her. I wonder how she got lucky. My thoughts stopped once the pack house came into view. "Are you ready?" I asked her. She just nodded her head in response. We pulled up and got out of the truck. Miya froze like something had just hit her. Well here goes nothing.

~A/N~

Sorry it took so long I didn't have internet for a while and then things got crazy. I hope this makes up for it. Vote/Comment for more.