Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

~JOSH'S POV~

I was not expecting that answer. Why would her father fake her death? Who is her father? Guess I won't have time to ask right now because just as I was about to ask the air became tense. I can tell if it's because of what they had just said or if something was wrong. I believe it was both reasons because as soon as the thought of something wrong crossed my mind Chris mind linked me saying there was a group of rogues on the west perimeter of the territory. That was all it took for me to run out of my office with the others right behind me asking what was wrong. I didn't pay any attention because I knew that if there were rogues on that side then Miya and Charity were in trouble and Chris knew it too. We were both worried about our mates. Once we make it out the door and onto the porch the guys come up beside me. All questions stop and we watch as Miya and Charity burst through the tree line with rogues hot on their trail. The guys have shocked expressions on their faces I guess they didn't know that she was a female shifter with white fur at that. As soon as the first rogue appears from the trees I run towards them and shift and begin to attack the guys and all of my warriors doing the same.

~MIYA'S POV~

As soon as I get Charity into a safe place I run back and help the pack warriors fight. Just as I reach the fight I see one of the rogues about to pounce on one of the warriors of the pack. Just before he landed on his back I used my fire and air to set him on fire and blow him to the side. Once I incinerated a few more rogues the fight was even on both sides. As I was about to jump in and fight something told me to use my powers and make the rogues slump into submission. I don't know how I'm going to do this but it doesn't hurt to try a new power out. I take a deep breath and start to concentrate on all of the rogues and push a sense of submission on all of them. It's hard but I do it just long enough for the warriors to take them down. If they hadn't taken them down when they did I wouldn't have been able to hold them in submission for much longer. Well I guess that's something I can add to my list of powers.

~UNKNOWNS POV~

I've been pacing since those two idiots left yesterday to find Miya. I need her here by my side. Matt better hope that she hasn't found her true mate. I know she's not a shifter but I can't help but want her as mine. She is the one I want as my mate. I turned down my own mate for her. She is been like a drug to me ever since the day she told me off. She's all I ever think about. She's the only one that's ever had the gut to stand up to me. Sure at the time she was only 4 at the time and I was 14 but even then people saw me as terrifying.

*FLASHBACK*

I was with my father at the Taylor's house for a meeting for keeping and alliance between our packs. Matt and his son were the only ones sitting at the table with my father and me. The meeting had started and was becoming longer than I had anticipated. I was getting bored and tried to find an excuse to get away for at least 5 minutes. I mean I had sat in on this meeting before and it was the same things being said as always. After a few minutes I finally figured the perfect excuse and dismissed myself to the bathroom. Knowing I had no idea where the restroom was because no one took a moment out of the discussion to direct me to the meeting. I went up the stairs trying every door to find the bathroom. When I opened one of the last two I had yet to open there she was sitting in the floor playing with what looked to be a toy. When she noticed I was there she looked shocked her eyes looked as though she was worried, but that only lasted for a split second before she covered it with a hard expression, well as hard of an expression as a 4 year old can give. It took me a second to wrap my mind around the fact that Matt had another kid. Once I was about to speak up she beat me to it and what she said was not what I was expecting. "Are you just going to stand there and stare at me or are you going to tell me what you're looking for before you get us both in trouble?," her little voice snapped at me. To say I was taken aback by her question and the tone in which she spoke to me was and understatement. She wasn't the first to talk to me like that but most either would or right after they did they'd either regret it or I'd make them regret it. For some reason though I couldn't bring myself to do anything but smile and ask, "Where is the bathroom?"

"Well you can either turn and open the door that I'm assuming you didn't open or risk getting us both killed by using the one in here. It's your choice you big idiot."

"Thanks."

With that I walked into her bathroom for a minute then back out to the little girl still sitting in the floor. If it hadn't been for the door being shut I wouldn't have thought she moved. When I came out I decided to stay for a few minutes with her because I really didn't want to go back down to the meeting. At least that's what I was telling myself. I had been away from the meeting for 10 minutes already but I still wanted to be in this room with this girl. I sat in her room for 30 minutes talking to her or just simply sitting on her bed watching her and she played by herself like I wasn't even there. She had seemed so used to playing alone that at some points I thought she was in her on world and I found myself wanting to be in that world with her. When I left the whole way home all my thoughts revolved around her, Miya.

*END FLASHBACK*

She will be mine whether she likes it or not. Matt better not have messed this up. She was supposed to be mine in the week after she turned 18 but she disappeared on her 18th birthday. Those two better find her and soon because it's about a week since the day I was supposed to have her in my arms. She's supposed to be the mother of my children. She's just supposed to be MINE! I can't believe the idiot wasn't watching her like he was supposed to. I hate waiting around helplessly for their return with Miya in hand. I guess I'll just have to find something to take my mind off of Miya missing from my arms. I need to go to my gym to release my anger so I can concentrate on the pack right now and keep them safe.

~ZANE'S POV~

I sent Matt towards New York while I headed towards Louisiana. I convinced him to split up so we could find her faster but truth is I knew where she was. I've known for 3 days now but I haven't told anyone. I want to be in Josh's pack, I have wanted it since the day I found out that my mate is part of his pack. I also would prefer to be a part of his pack due to his is the strongest and also he's a much better Alpha. Since Miya is his mate and I know that my Alpha is after her for his own personal play toy I now have an easy way in and a way to show that I'm actually on their side. I have about a day and a half until I get to Louisiana. Then it's just a matter of trying to get Josh to listen to me since I'm part of one of the only packs he can't stand. There are only two packs Josh doesn't have an alliance with and funny enough Miya is the daughter of one of those packs Alpha. Well this should be interesting enough if he doesn't know it by now he will after I get a chance to talk with him.

~A/N~

Hope you are enjoying the book so far. Thank y'all so much for the support. Please continue to vote/comment.