Chapter Six

Chapter Six

~JOSH'S POV~

I was so happy yesterday when my mate said she would stay. I've had a smile on my face ever since Miya said she would stay. Although I still wonder why she's so scared and jumpy. I also wonder how she is still alive after being a rogue considering female wolves can't shift. She acts like someone has hit her. At the thought of someone hitting her just make my wolf and me want to rip someone's head of. I take deep breaths to calm myself. I walk out of my room and straight across the hall to the room Miya is staying in, there is no way she was going to be farther away from me than necessary. I slip in the room after listening to make sure she was still sleeping. I walk over to the bed so that I could get a good look at her but what she did next shocked me. She immediately opened her eyes turned around grabbed me by the arm and flipped me. I have no idea where the hell that came from but I intend to find out. Once she realized who it was she gasped and apologized.

"I-I I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to. Please don't hurt me."

I got up and looked at her, my beautiful mate, she looked terrified. I watched as she looked at me with those beautiful green eyes her long blonde hair slightly messy from sleep. I wonder how she managed to do that even catching me off guard it's hard to get me pinned to the ground and she's a female so it should've been even harder.

"How did you do that? No one has ever managed to pin me to the ground even if I get caught off guard no one has ever got me on the ground. So how did you do it?," I asked. She looked hesitant. It looked like she was debating on what she should tell me.

"I don't know maybe I was lucky I guess." was all she said before practically running to the in-suite. I walked out of her room thinking about what just happened and how it was possible. I mind linked Chris, my beta, and John, my third in command, and told them to met me at the pack house so we could discuss the rogues that were spotted near the territory. We are also going for a run later on today to make sure things around the borders and good. I also mind linked Charity, Chris mate to come and take Miya and show her around the territory.

~MIYA'S POV~

I ran to the bathroom after what happened with Josh I hope he forgets about that I can't tell anyone about me, not yet anyway. I get a quick shower and pull my hair up into a messy bun. I picked my denim shorts and blue shirt to wear. I put on my tennis shoes and made my way out of my room and down the stairs to the living room. When I made my way in the living room I saw a girl around my age sitting on the couch she turned to me and smiled at me, I smiled back. She had brown hair that was just and inch past her shoulders and hazel eyes she looked beautiful. She wore a light blue sundress and blue flats.

"Hey, I'm Charity. Alpha Josh asked me to show you around."

"Hi, I'm Miya. Thank you, but you really don't have to do that."

"No it's fine I want to besides I'd like to get to know my future Luna."

"We'll thank you."

We have been walking around for almost an hour now and we haven't even seen half the territory. We were just about to walk to the pack house when I smelt rogues they were close. They were way to close to Charity and me for my liking I knew Charity wouldn't be able to out run them but I knew I was going to protect her even if it cost me my secret. I turned to look at Charity and even though females can't shift their senses are still heightened and from the look on her face I knew that she smelt the rogues.

"Climb that tree as fast as you can. Now!," I told her.

"I'm not leaving my future Luna alone."

"Don't worry about me now go. I'll give you a boost."

She looked hesitant at first but finally complied and I gave her a boost up the tree. She was on the second branch when I heard the growls from the edge of the trees we were next to. There must be around ten rogues but it won't be much of a challenge. I watched as the rogues emerged from the woods. As soon as the last one emerged they got into a fighting stance. The big brown wolf in the middle was the first to lunge and so did I shifting in mid air not caring about my clothes or my secret. The only thing I cared about was keeping everyone in this pack safe. I may not know them all but I already feel like I belong and Charity is already becoming a sister to me.

~A/N~

Sorry for the wait. That's for all the reads and votes. I hope your enjoying as much as I enjoy writing it.