Chapter Ten! (Old Friends)

~MIYA'S POV~

I gasped in shock as I saw the girl. She looks about twelve, but her apperence is what had me running out of the house as fast as i could. She was covered in blood and deep claw marks to her legs and arms. I made it to the girl within seconds with Josh and John (Josh's thrid in command) right behind me. Once I reached her I took off my shirt and ripped it tie off her right leg where she had the most heavily bleeding wound. Once I made sure her leg had quit bleeding profusely I looked to John and said, "Get her to the pack doctor now. Stay with her until she wakes up. Call me as soon as she becomes coherent." I guess that finally took both John and Josh out of their shocked states because John was quick to react and Josh was starting to fight with his wolf for control.

'Become one with nature and figure out what happened' my wolf told me.

'How do I do that?'

'You already know the answer to that. Now do it before it's to late.'

I took her advise and an just went on instinct. I placed my hands on the ground and closed my eyes. Blocking out everything around me except for nature I can see things that normally I couldn't see, even with my hightned sense of sight. I start to see things get dark there's a dark aura entering the forest. I see the girl that just came from the woods but she seems fine. How is that possible? 'Because nature is showing you a replay of what happened so we know who did this,' my wolf told me. Before I can ask what happened to her I see three dark figures emerging from the shadows. They were males that much I could tell. The trio finally emerged into te light enough for me to see the and I couldn't belive who it was. There stood growling looking at the girl like prey with such an evil yet ammused glint in their eyes was three people I had considered friends at one point until they turned on me just as everyone else had. They weren't part of my pack but they were part of a neighboring pack. We had visited them when I was four and they had been eight at the time. They didn't know who I was and I liked that because they were nice to me they were my friends, but once they figured out exactly who I was they bullied me.

"Zack? Adam? Logan?"  Once I whispered their names everything happened so fast they attacked the little girl and I felt like crying. How could they do something like that? Sure they had bullied me but everyone did because they saw me as a curse. Their bullying never went any further than name calling though, unlike the others. They were each going after a limb she was thrashing around trying so hard to get away from them. She had one free arm which she took advantage of and found a rock on the ground and with all her might hit on of them in the head which knocked him out. Still needing to get the other two off of her she jabbed one in the eyes and smashed the rock in the others leg breaking it so she could get away. once they were down trying to heal she ran. Everything started to fade back to the present. I got to my feet and looked up to see Josh staring at me questioningly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You spaced out so I'm wondering if you're ok."

"I'm fine. I have to go though, and no you're not coming with. I'll be fine."

"I'm going with you." He did not just use his alpha tone on me!

"News flash for you the alpha tone doesnt work on me because i have alpha blood! So don't think about using your damn alpha tone on me again!" He stared at me with his mouth agape and with that I walked off into the woods in search of the trio. They better have a good explination as to why the hell they did that. She may not be one of our pack members but that doesn't mean she doesn't matter. To my wolf and I all wolves are equal unless you do wrong or are a rogue. Some rogues are good but its rare. I keep going until i find the place the girl was attacked, but they are no longer there. I turn around to head back until I hear a twig snap. Turning towards the direction the noise came from I use all of my senses to see where they are I locacte them by the beat of their heart. One is to my right and the other two are on my left. Turning my head to the two on my left I speak up, "Zack. Adam. Logan. Come out. I know its you so come out and lets talk." I felt the hesitance and shock they felt about what I had said. I stood their waiting on some kind of response when i finally got one.

"How do you know our names?," was Zacks reply.

"I know you're names because we were friends but only for a little while. you may not remember me or care to, but its me Miya."

"It can't be Miya is dead no one has seen her in tree years."

"Is that was they said? They told everyone I died when he locked me in my room?"

"Miya is dead we were at her funeral."

"Hmmmm. Was it an open or closed casket?"

"It was closed becasue she was mauled by a rogue."

"Hahaha! Wow he really did come up with a good excuse. Zack that casket was empty because I'm Miya Taylor an I'm very much alive. Oh and dont act like you care or cared about me before I apparently died becasue its just a load of bullshit. Now will you come out here and talk to me. That goes for you also Logan and Adam."

Zack walks out first in his human form he's only in a pair of basketball shorts. I look him in the eyes and ask, "Still think I'm dead?" His eyes contain mixed emothions pain, anger, confusion, and relief. He stops three feet away and asks, "If you're really Miya then what is the only thing that you would know?"

"That you had planned on running away one day and go to a pack in Maine to get away from everything. I told you not to because you didn't have it as bad as some poeple did, but then I told you to go if that's something that would make you happy." He looked at me like i was a ghost which I might as well should be considering everyone thought I was dead. I waited for a few minutes for him to finally respond when he did it wasn't what I had expected. He walked up to me an wrapped me in a hug; lifting me off my feet he spins me around. Once he puts me down he looks me in the eyes and tells me, "I'm so happy you're alive and I'm really sorry about all of the mean things I said to you when we were younger. I only did what I did because I had to. When i heard the news that you were dead I was so sad. Please forgive me for the things I did."

"It's ok I understand you were from a different pack normally other packs would try to treat me fairly but my father would always find some way to get them and their families to be mean. It wasnt just you I bet it was Logan and Adam too."

After a while Logan and Adam finally came out in their human forms and gave me a hug also. They told me they were sorry and that they missed me. When they finally pulled away from yet again giving me a hug I said, "Now it's time to talk about what i came out here for in the first place." They tensed up and looked at me like they had hoped I had forgotten. When they noticed I wasn't letting this go they sighed.

"Why did you attack that young girl earlier?"

~A/N~

Sorry for the late update, but I've been really busy with my job. I hope you guys like it (double digits YAY!). I've been told that the plot is going too fast but its not I have it all planned out in my head an everything is going just the way I need it to, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. This book has more characters to come and more fights. There may or may not be a twist at the end, but i havent decided on whether or not to do it thats much later though. There are more surprises on the way too i havent even made it to the climax we are still in the rising action of my story. That is all thank you guys I hope y'all are enjoying. Also I have a book that is almost finished that I might be posting on here so watch for it. Anywho please don't forget to...

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

SHARE!!

P.S. picture of Zack to the side.

~amber_marie001