Chapter Thirteen!

Chapter Thirteen

~MIYA'S POV~

Charity and I have been walking for about 20 minutes now. She wants to show me a secret lake on the pack territory. I keep asking her if we are lost but she claims to know exactly where we are; I'm not convinced though. We keep passing the same tree over and over again.

"Admit it Charity you're lost."

"Fine, I'm lost I don't know where I'm going anymore."

The look of disappointment and sadness on her face made my heart clench.

"I can try to find it for you but maybe tomorrow. Right now we need to find our way back to the house."

"How can you find it when you've never been there before? You're right though we do need to be heading back because it's starting to get dark now. One problem though which way do we go to get back home?"

"Give me a minute and I can get us back home. As for your other question I guess you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see."

"Why can't you just tell me how you're going to find it? I mean..."

"Shh.... Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"We need to go...NOW!"

"What's wr.."

I didn't let Charity finish her question before I grabbed her hand and drug her back towards the house. I knew we had wondered too far but I hadn't realized just how far until I heard the snarls. We just need to get back to the clearing before they catch up to us. I'll have to shift and carry Charity so we can get to the clearing in time.

"Charity hop on my back."

"What? Why?"

"Don't ask questions just do it! Don't stop running just jump on my back."

"Ok."

Charity jumps on my back with difficulty since we are running and can't stop. As soon as she was on my back I shifted and ran as fast as I could to the clearing. We were just at the clearing when I put up a fire wall in order to keep them back. They had gained more ground than I thought they had while we were both running. I don't see anyone at the clearing an I hope that Josh is finished in that meeting because we could really use his help. Just as the thought crossed my mind Josh, Chris, Logan, Adam, and Zack came running out of the pack house. I guess they finished their meeting.

~UNKNOWN'S POV~

"I should've known not to trust you. I should've brought her here and locked her away while I had the chance. Maybe then she wouldn't be goddess knows where or possibly dead. Honestly do you know how hard it is to find a female due to the fact she isn't a shifter!? You IDIOT!!! You should've had eyes on her at all times! I mean really what do you have to say for yourself!!?"

"I'm trying the best I can to find her. At least I kept everyone away from her as you requested and kept her locked away along with faking her death."

"Well they how did she get away!!?? Why did she even run away!? You were supposed to keep her away from people and take good care of her! Did she eat well? Was she given things she wanted? Well things that weren't used for communication? WELL WAS SHE!!??"

"Ummm.. Well for the first 2 months."

He was trying to keep me from hearing what he said but I heard him anyway. He deserves what I plan to do to him but for now I need him to bring me his daughter.

"Well since you lost her you will have to find her. ZANE!!!"

Where is that idiot at? As soon as the thought crossed my mind in walks Zane with that same scared look in his eyes.

"Zane take Alpha Taylor here and assist him in located his daughter and bring her back to me. She is to not be harmed in any way. Also don't come back until you've got her or I kill you both. Got it!?"

"Yes sir."

"Good now get out of my sight!"

Those two idiots better not disappoint me and they better not come back empty handed or instead of killing them I'll kill their mates while they watch.

~JOSH'S POV~

"I have a few conditions before you three join the pack. First condition you have to prove to me that you are going to stand with and fight alongside the pack."

"That's reasonable enough"

"Second, you will apologize to the young girl that you attacked."

"Of course."

"Third, you will join the pack warriors and start training in case a war is to start."

"We would be honored."

"Fourth, you will learn the perimeter and go on runs to check for any breeches."

"Got it."

"Lastly, I want to know everything you know about Miya."

The last one didn't get as quick a response as the others. They each looked at one another and then back to me. I could tell they weren't sure what to say. Finally Zack spoke and I was not expecting what he said.

"The only thing we know is that her father faked her death."

~A/N~

Ok y'all I just got a chance to sit and write a little bit but here it is. Thank you all for your patience. I would love to know any thoughts you have on this chapter. I tried to leave you guessing in this chapter but don't worry it will all come together soon. Please don't forget to vote/comment.