Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

~JOSH'S POV~

"Well let's hear this information that was so important you had to enter my territory without consent in order to converse with me." I was not at all happy about the fact that Zane had entered my territory unannounced, an I was also greatly irritated at the fact he found Miya first instead of coming to me directly.

"Well first I want your word that I can join your pack and be with my mate. I want protection from my Alpha for me and my mate."

"I'll decide if the information you hold is worthy of what you ask now talk."

"What if I told you the subject of this information entails the safety of your mate would you agree to my terms then?"

This information took me aback. I was not ready to hear that someone else had more information on my mate. I also was most definitely not prepared to hear that it would mean the difference between her safety or not. I guess now I have no choice but to accept his terms especially if I want to keep Miya safe.

"Fine, I shall agree to your terms. However, if I suspect and/or discover that any of what you say is not in any way truthful I shall revoke any pack status obtained and sentence you as I see fit. Do we have a deal?"

"That's fair."

"Good, now if you would please share with us the information you withhold."

"As you probably know or have already guessed I am the Omega of Alpha James's, or as he would put it his personal slave, and he has this unhealthy obsession of Miya here."

He paused looking my was I'm assuming to gauge my reaction. I must admit I'm not thrilled to hear the name James's name. I remember when I attended a Alpha meeting my first encounter with James was not a pleasant one at all, but that's a thought for another time. If James is obsessed with Miya then he must be looking for her thankfully he can't be bothered with getting his hands dirty and his pack isn't the best at really anything so I have plenty of time to prepare my pack. Knowing I still have duties to attend I gestured for Zane to continue.

"James has been obsessed with Miya since she was born and he even rejected his mate so that he could have Miya once she turned 18. That's why when Miya was 15 he had her father lock her away. He initially wanted her locked up from the start and for no one to know of her existence, but she had already made an impact on her pack and everyone knew about her. She was then to be strictly under the watchful eye of her father so everywhere he would go she'd have to go as well. However as she got older and gained the attention of other males James got obsessively protective and started to have people spread lies about her. Some of these rumors were that she had a contagious disease or that the was adopted and more."

He paused again however this time he was looking towards Miya. I didn't care for that however I could sense why he was looking at her instead. She was crying silently as I'm sure she's reliving memories she'd rather forget. She gestured for him to continue and I turned my attention back to Zane.

"When he realized that it didn't stop many of the males from finding her attractive he resorted to threats and even so that didn't work all the time so at 15 he had her father lock her away and come up with a lie as to why Miya was no longer around. They came up with a lie saying she had died. It took a toll on a few packs as they had a few issues within their chain of commands because those that still adored sweet Miya left their packs and became rogue, but not before slaying some of their pack members."

I don't want to hear anymore of this story but I knew that I needed to hear the rest of it because it could mean the difference in life or death for Miya. I glance at her and see the tears glistening on her cheeks and I want to wipe them away, but I can't at least not right now. She needs a little more time before I can make such sudden movements around her. I look back to Zane and ask him to continue.

"James wants Miya by his side because she is more special than she knows, but that's a story for another time. Right now James has Miya's father Alpha Taylor and Myself looking for her. I already knew where Miya was which is why I sent Alpha Taylor in the opposite direction. I needed to get here with enough time to relay all this information. I don't want to see any harm come to Miya for my own personal reasons. I also needed enough information to bring you so that you would grant me solace and allow me to join your pack. It won't be long before James finds out that I'm not going to return and that Taylor is going in the wrong direction. I'd say it'll take him two weeks at least before he starts to look for her himself."

That was all I needed to hear to know he was telling the truth. Even though his story has answered many of my unasked questions it also created more. After a few moments of silence pass I decide its time to speak.

"Thank you for this. I shall allow you to join this pack and to be with your mate. You will be protected at our best capabilities however as everyone else in this pack I do expect a level of dedication and hard work in whatever job you choose within the pack. Do we have an agreement?"

"Yes Alpha. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. Now if you would take your leave and meet Chris, my Beta, in the living room he shall show you around the place and introduce you to some of the pack."

"Yes Alpha."

As soon as Zane leaves and shuts the door I turn to Miya, but before I could say or do anything she speaks.

"I'm going to go get a bath. I'll see you before the ceremony."

With that she runs out of the room and straight to the stairs. Now it's just me and my thoughts, or should I say the questions that are running through my mind. What did he mean by Miya is more special than she knows? Does he know that she's a rare shifter? What did he mean by he has his own personal reasons for wanting to keep Miya safe? An why did it seem Miya was so important to him?

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I had a bit of writers block, but I'm going to try to write a bit on my books and catch up a little so that I can post updates once in a while. As always I hope y'all enjoy and don't forget to like/comment.