Chapter Fifteen

~MIYA'S POV~

As I lay here alone again this morning with only a note from Josh I realize something about the last two days. It's been two days since I learned about my new power. Two days since the guys were invited into the pack. It's also been two days since I've seen Josh, Chris, Charity, Logan, Adam, or Zack. Charity has been recovering from hurting her leg. Chris has been getting everything set up for today's induction ceremony for Logan, Adam, Zack, and myself. Josh and the guys have been locked in the office doing goddess knows what. I've been trying to practice controlling my new power but it's a little hard when you don't have anyone to help you. If I wasn't practicing with my new power I was walking around the territory enjoying the warm weather and being able to have the freedom to roam around whenever and wherever I want.

Deciding to go get a snack from the kitchen and go for a walk I get out of bed and dress in a pair of shorts, a tank top, and a pair of shoes. I pull my hair up and head to the kitchen. As I enter the kitchen I see people running around trying to get food cooked or deserts decorated. I guess they waited till last minute to do all the food. I try to make my way through the bustle of people so I can get to the pantry and get a few cookies. When I finally got my cookies I had to make my way back through everyone and to the front door. Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky leaving the kitchen as I was entering it. Just as I was about to exit the kitchen someone bumped into me and knocked me into one of the cakes. Guess I'll have to go change into another tank top. I help clean up the cake before making my way back upstairs to clean myself up and change my shirt.

As I head back to the room something feels off but I can't tell what. I walk in the room and walk over to the dresser to grab another tank top then head to the bathroom to clean the cake off my arms and the little bit that got on my bare legs. Once I've cleaned up and changed shirts I head to the front door. I still have that nagging feeling that something is off about today and that I should stay in the house instead but I dismiss it as being nerves about the induction ceremony today. As soon as I'm out of the house I walk over to the woods so I can start my jog to the secret lake, since I know where it is now it only takes me 10 minutes to get there by jogging. I like to go there now since no one bothers me there and it's so pretty and relaxing. Plus if I want to swim I can swim clothed or not since no one knows about this place except for Charity. I even found a hidden cave in the lake just under the water below the cliffs. If you swim in and go about 18' it stops and you have to swim up another 3' and then you can climb out an it's a beautiful cave in the cliffs. The floor of the cave is covered in gorgeous white sand and there is a slight opening in the top of the cliffs that lets just enough natural light in so that you can see. The cave walls shimmer in the lights from all of the minerals and rocks when the light hits it. It's also so big you could turn it into a house.

I make it to the lake and go straight to the cave because I hid a few things there so I wouldn't have to bring them back with me every time I came back. At least I know if anyone else discovers the lake, no one will ever find the cave because it's really hard to find the entrance. I had a bit of trouble finding it the first few times I came out here because of how well it's hidden. When I found the entrance it was by sheer luck. I was swimming underwater and swam passed the boulder that was covering the entrance I thought it was just part of the cliff. Something caught my eye next to it as I was swimming so I moved closer to get a better look and that's when I noticed that the boulder was actually just sitting in front of the entrance stuck in the middle of a pile of other rocks on the lake floor and that you could swim behind it to enter the cave.

I had thought about showing Charity but I would prefer to keep this to myself since I feel I may need a place of my own where I will be able to get away and no one know where I am. I make it to the cave and sit down on my makeshift chair and relax enjoying my time alone. I had brought some snacks in and ice chest here a few days ago along with drinks and towels. I dry off and grab a bag of chips and a bottle of water and sit down at the entrance putting my feet in the water just enjoying the quiet. I used to wish for someone to play with when I was I child but know being so used to being alone I begin to get anxiety around too many people for too long so coming here is good for me and helps me relax.

After I read some of my book and swam for about an hour I make my way back to the house. I need a shower so I can get ready for the ceremony in a few hours. As I was heading back that nagging feeling of something being off started coming back to me. This time I couldn't dismiss it as being nerves for the ceremony because just then I heard a voice.

"Well if it isn't Miya Taylor."

I turn around and come face to face it a guy that looks to be in his early to mid-20s. I've never seen this guy before in my life so I don't know how he knows my name. My wolf and I are both on edge but he doesn't seem to want to hurt us his eyes tell of other motives and reasons for talking to me. I guess it's time for me to speak up and get answers.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?"

"I hope I didn't scare you. I mean you no harm; in fact I've come to give you and your mate some information however I do have a price for said information. I'm getting ahead of myself though my name is Zane Matthews I'm the Beta of the Dark Claw pack."

When he said he was from the Dark Claw pack everything in me told me to run, but my wolf and I wanted to know what information he had and what he wanted in return.

"What kind of information do you have and what do you want in return?"

"Actually I would rather your mate be present but I guess I could tell you that the information I have pertains to you."

"If it has to do with me I would prefer to know now and if it has anything to do with my past I would like Josh not knowing until I can tell him everything."

"Well how about I tell you everything now but I still need part of the information as a bargaining chip to get what I want in return from Alpha Josh. Have we got a deal?"

"Deal."

"My Alpha and your father are looking for you. My Alpha is obsessed with you and wants to claim you as his mate; he even rejected his own mate for you. He forced your father to keep you locked away so you wouldn't find your mate."

"What do you want in exchange for this information?"

"I want to be part of Alpha Josh's pack so I can be with my mate and I no longer want to be in a pack with an Alpha that is unfair to his pack"

"Well follow me but remember we had a deal."

We walk back to the pack house in an awkward silence. As soon as we break through the tree line three of Josh's pack fighters rush to my side and are about to attack Zane until I step in the middle of it. I tell them we are going to see Josh and they reluctantly go back to what they were doing.

We make it to Josh's office door without any more problems and I can sense he's the only one in his office this time thank the goddess. I knock and wait for him to say enter but instead of him speaking he throws the door open, pulls me into his side, and growls at Zane. I tell him to calm down that Zane has some information that he needs to hear.

Josh moves us to the side and allows Zane in but doesn't stop glaring at him. Josh closes the door behind us and makes his way to his chair.

After a long pause Josh finally speaks.

"Well start talking."

This is going to be a long talk.

~A/N~

Sorry it took so long to update. Hope you guys are still enjoying the book. I have a new book up called Keeping Her Secret go check it out. Don't forget to Vote/Comment. Enjoy!