Chapter Seventeen

~Miya's POV~

I can't believe that my entire life had been a living hell all because this psycho of an Alpha thought he had some kind of moronic claim on me. It's honestly creepy to think that he's been obsessing about me since I was born. I honestly wonder what would have went through his mind to make him claim me to be his as a baby. It's not like as a baby I showed signs of being a potential shifter. As far as I can tell no one other than those in this pack are aware of my shifting abilities and there still aren't many in this pack that know. Josh made sure that no one spoke a word of my capabilities from the day I saved Charity.

I thought soaking in a hot bath would relax me but all it has done so far is give me time to over think and form more questions than I started with. One of the questions that I now have is why did Zane look like I was so important to him? He seemed as though his protection of me was in some way personal to him. I wonder if Josh had noticed of if it was all just a figment of my overactive imagination. One thing I do know is that if this Alpha James is as obsessed with me as Zane says he is he will probably stop at nothing to get to me. I just hope it doesn't come down to a battle between the packs I can't let this pack put themselves in danger just to keep me away from the lunatic.

Having over thought more than I had wanted I decided to get out of the tub so that I can get ready for the ceremony later. I assume that Zane will be included in the ceremony as well since he will be a part of the pack now as well. I just hope nothing goes wrong this evening. I quickly dry off, grab some underwear from the dresser, and make my way to the closet to pick out my outfit for tonight. Before I can grab anything to wear, I hear someone knock on my door.

"Just a minute."

Quickly I grab a long t-shirt that stops just below my butt and open the door to reveal Josh standing with both hands behind his back. Before he says anything, he takes in my appearance and I notice his eyes darken.

He groans and says, "I was just coming to give you this to wear tonight. I think it might be a good idea for you to go ahead and put it on before I lose all the self-control I have left."

I quickly take the dress from him and shut the door. Once I get the beautiful country styled dress that stopped just above the mid-thigh, it was a light pink color and had a beautiful lace pattern. Now dressed I reopen the door to see Josh still standing there with a pair of cowgirl boots and a beautiful necklace in hand. I look up to his face and see that his mouth is open just slightly and he's staring at me intently. I start to feel a little self-conscious.

"What's wrong? Does it look bad?"

"No! You look gorgeous."

With that I blush an ask, "Are those supposed to be for tonight as well?"

"Oh, yea here."

He hands me the boots and I put them on, he was about to hand me the necklace, but I stopped him and asked, "Could you put it on me?"

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head and turn around as so he can place the necklace around my neck. Once it's in place I move my hair out or the way so that he can clasp it. when it's securely around my neck I release my hair and adjust the necklace so that is hanging comfortably around me neck. I turn back around to face and whisper a thank you.

"You're welcome."

"I should probably finish getting ready, I'll meet you downstairs when I'm finished."

He just nods his head and turns to walk away. I close the door slowly, once it's shut, I turn to the bathroom so that I can fix my hair. I don't dry it fully and spray it with a heat protectant so that I can curl my hair without burning it. It takes me 30 minutes to curl my hair and pin it up just the way I want it. Once I finished my hair, I head downstairs to meet Josh so we can head to the ceremony. As I make it to the last few steps, I notice Josh talking with Chris. Once I reach the last step he turns towards me cutting off his conversation with Chris. As I get closer to the two males I smile a bow my head in acknowledgement. Chris speaks first, "you look lovely Mia. I'll see you both at the ceremony I have to go get Charity."

"Thank you, Chris. You look very handsome as well. I look forward to seeing you both at the ceremony."

Once Chris walks out I turn to Josh and notice he is still staring at me. I wave my hand in front of his face while calling his name. After a few seconds he shakes his head and speaks.

"You look absolutely breath taking"

"Thank you." I say shyly as the blush creeps up my neck and onto my cheeks.

"Shall we go?" He lifts his arm so that I can hook mine with his. We walk through the hall and into the living room. Once we make it to the door, he unhooks his arm from mine and opens the door. He steps to the side and allows me to walk out putting his hand on the small of my back and shutting the door behind him. Instead of driving we walk since the ceremony will be held on the territory not far from the pack house.

It's beautiful tonight and I enjoy the quiet walk just listening to the sounds of nature. I look up to the sky and see the stars and moon lighting up the night sky. Looking around at my surroundings the trees sway in the wind making the night walk that much more magical. I just hope that the induction ceremony will be this magical. If only I could predict the future, I would know how things would go but I can't.