Chapter Eighteen

~Miya's POV~

I never would've been able to even begin to imagine just how beautiful the ceremony was. Even now that Josh and I are walking around the gardens the ceremony was held I still see something new and just as enchantingly beautiful as the last. Everywhere I looked fireflies danced and lit up the gardens giving it a magical look. Candles hanging from branches of trees as if they were floating just added to the magic. The ponds and fountains were lit up by a multitude of lighting arrangements from floating lanterns to built in lights. Some lights changed color others a single stationary color. As we got closer to the area the ceremony would take place there were two trees I presume willows from the way the branches hang with those leaves that look as if it were actually moss making a curtain around the base of the tree. There were strands of fairy lights hanging through the trees. Once we got to the trees Josh pulled back the curtain made up by the trees and revealed the most magical thing I had ever seen. Flowers of various species and colors planted in intricate designs a beautiful pond with a long pier jutting over it. The ceremony was being held at the end of the pier where it turns to a large deck area. Lights and other beautiful decorations placed beautifully around the place with so much care. Light music played from the deck where others had already gathered.

"This is all so beautiful. However, is this really necessary for an induction ceremony?" I asked Josh as we made our way to the pier.

"This isn't our usual induction ceremony no, but you aren't just anyone being inducted into the pack. An there may be something else planned for tonight hence the set up for tonight's ceremony. "

"I get the feeling that whatever you have planned will be perfect and I'm sure I'll enjoy it."

"I'm praying to the moon goddess that you will. It took me day and night, since we started plans for the ceremony, to get it set up just the way I wanted it." I get the feeling that whatever he has planned for later will change things between us. I'm sure it'll change for the better, but I have this gut feeling that something is bound to happen tonight, but I can't figure out what.

We made it to the end of the pier just as the music changed from fast and upbeat to a slow song. We kept going until we got to the small stage that was set in the center at the very back of the pier. We made our way to the right of the stage where a table was set up so elegantly that I thought I was dreaming again. Once we got to the table Josh pulled out a chair and gestured for me to sit. Once I sat down Josh took his seat next to me. I looked around the pier and noticed Zack, Logan, and Adam were sitting at the opposite side of the stage. Chris and Charity were dancing to the slow music playing along with most of the others in the pack that are mated. The rest of the pack were either guarding the gardens or sitting around the tables that were scattered around the outer edges of the pier. It was such a beautiful scene I can't help thinking this is going to be the first best night of my life.

~Matt Taylor~

That little bitch is going to pay for running away like she did. When I find her, she's going to be begging for death, but I'm going to refuse to give her the peace of death. Once I finish with her and she heals I'll be giving her to Brian and then she'll be his problem. Just the thought makes a grin come to my face. If she thought I was bas Brian is far worse than I could ever hope to be. I may be a sadistic asshole, but he takes that shit to an entirely new level. Some of the things I've seen him do have made me cringe and turn away. I'm just lucky I wasn't there for the things he's told me he's done when alone. Honestly, the man holds back his true capabilities when others are watching because he wants them to fear him, but he doesn't want them to think he is mentally unstable to run his pack. He wouldn't hold back anything when he has an audience if it weren't for the laws but even in the shifter world we have certain laws we have to abide by and though he doesn't he knows exactly how to get around them.

I feel a slight pang of guilt for handing my daughter over to such a man whoever I know he won't kill her. He's wanted her since he laid eyes on her. He killed his true mate for Miya though no one knows what really happened other than Brian himself and me. In a way I'm saving my pack from Brian's wrath by handing Miya over so I shouldn't feel guilty. Besides I never wanted Miya if it was easy to abort a wolf pup I would've forced my mate to get one as soon as we found out. Once she got here I would've killed her then but Brian had caught sight of the bitch and wanted her for himself once she grew up so we kept her. I kept Miya out of sight and locked away but some how the mutt got out one night during a meeting and met one of the alphas sons and made friends. I took her out to one of the gathering of all the packs and that's when Brian caught sight of her. That was when the obsession started to grow even more and he almost killed the little male shifters that spoke to her even if it was just a hello. After that I had to make up a story about Miya dying and kept her hidden away under lock and key. I had to beat her often because she broke the rules every time I turned.

My son has always had a soft spot for Miya and he took it hard when I told him she had died. Keeping her hidden from him was difficult I had to hire someone to reinforce her room so that her scent couldn't leave from the room along with making it soundproof. It may have been a huge pain in my ass but it kept Brian off my ass and my son started focusing on his responsibilities as the heir to the pack. I'm making my way back to the training grounds on my territory when my phone rings. I dig it out of my pocket and pull out my phone. I look to see who it is and immediately regret it. Brian is calling and if he's calling its not good news. I have no choice but to answer because ignoring his call is like signing your own death certificate.

"Hello?"

"It's been 2 months Matt. Why the hell do I still not have Miya in my bed? Not only that but Zane has obviously gone rogue because I no longer have the pack connection with him. So you had better hope you find her and soon or you will not like what I have planned for you." The clear threat in his voice makes me lose my nerve.

"Ye. Yes sir. I. I'm on it, sir."

"Since I'm feeling generous at the moment, so you have until the end of the year to get her to me. I want her carrying my first pup by this time next year and if she's not you will regret letting her escape. Your days will be filled of torture of multiple forms and I wont just stop with you I'm sure your mate will be a good bed toy until I can get my hands-on Miya myself. Do I make myself crystal clear?"

Fear shoots through me and worry for what he might do to my mate intensifies the fear until im almost hyperventilating from a panic attack. Before I can answer he continues.

"I also wonder what that son of yours might do if he knew that not only his sister is alive but also how you treated her. I even wonder if he knows of the deal you made with me all those years ago. Although I wouldn't tell him in the way it actually happen considering I don't wish to make an enemy out of your son. I tend to mold him in my image and make him your enemy."

His chuckle after that little declaration made my blood run cold as it drained from my face. I have no choice but to say, "I'll get her to you by the end of the year. Once I find her you will be the first I inform. I just need time to figure out where she's hiding out. I do have to ask sir if she really is dead..."

"You had better pray and hope that she isn't dead. If she is then what I already have planned for you if she is just not found will be far worse. As of now I plan to be easy on you and your family, but if she is dead, you'll be wishing she was the one alive and you were the one that was dead."

"Ye...Ye...Yes sir." Without another word he hung up and instead of going to the training ground like I had originally planned I turned around and started back to the pack house. One I make it there I head straight to my office so that I can start working out figuring out where my little bitch of a daughter is hiding. Before I make it into my office, I hear a couple of pack members saying that one of the single Alphas found there mate. That peaked my interest so I listened for a minute. The next words that got my attention were this Alphas mate was found while she was a rogue. A sinister smile started to make it's way to my face. I don't know which Alpha nor where his territory is but I do believe this is the best lead I've had in a while. I just need to make sure before I call to inform Brian. Ready or not Miya daddy is coming for you and you're going to regret running away.

~A/N~

I hope you enjoy this sneak peak to Chapter 18. I have been writing on multiple books at once and felt y'all deserved at least a little taste of the next chapter.