four // edited

"I can't lose you because, if I did, I'd have lost my best friend, my soulmate, my everything"

Joe shook Barry awake. He opened his eyes but was blinded by the sunlight pouring through the window. To adjust to the light, he rubbed his eyes as he sat up. Little snippets of last night flashed through his mind, causing a huge smile to form on his face. 

Even though it was the weekend, Barry still had to go to STAR Labs. On his pursuit to leave the house and go to STAR Labs, Iris stopped him. Avoiding her was not going according to plan. 

"Hey! How was drinks last night with the original team Flash?" Iris asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"What?" Barry asked before remembering the lie, "Oh right! It was pretty fun," 

"That's good," The jealousy in her voice rose to a noticeable level.

Not knowing what else to say, Barry said goodbye and left as quickly as he could. As Joe kept reminding him, he needed to talk to Iris soon. Talking to her was definitely going to be hard with the amount of guilt weighing on him. 

His arrival at STAR Labs was expected by his two colleagues. Cisco and Caitlin were both at their long desk typing on their keyboards. Cisco was working so hard that he didn't look up, but Caitlin did. She smiled at him and he smiled back. It was more awkward than Barry expected.

"Ok I'm getting some awkward vibes here," Cisco looked up from his work and then quickly looked back. "Crap! The wifi went out. Be right back."

Barry took a deep breath, turned towards Caitlin, and said, "Hey"

"Hey, " Caitlin got up to give Barry a hug. "Thanks for last night! I only have a slight headache this time."

"But you still remember everything?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes! I do remember everything," Caitlin giggled.

Barry spotted something at Caitlin's desk he hadn't seen before, a vase with the rose he gave her last night. Curious at what he was smiling about, Caitlin looked at her desk and spotted the rose she had placed there when she arrived.

"You kept it," Barry pointed out.

"Of course. I was going to leave it at home, but I thought it could give me a reason to smile when you're not here," Caitlin told him.

The two smiled at each other but their gaze was broken by Cisco walking in the room. He was somehow oblivious to the connection that Caitlin and Barry had. Either he was oblivious or extremely distracted. 

"Since when does the wifi go out?" Barry asked.

"I don't know started this morning, that's why I'm so focused on work, I'm trying to figure out what is causing this," Cisco explained, not looking up from his computer.

"I suggested we call Felicity, but Cisco said no," Caitlin teased Cisco.

"Yeah, maybe we should call Felicity, she'll know what to do," Barry agreed with Caitlin.

"Ok, fine! I'll call Felicity! Since when did you two become so buddy buddy?" Cisco mumbled.

Barry and Caitlin tensed up. Neither of them knew how to respond. They weren't keeping anything secret but right now felt like the wrong time to clue Cisco in. To fix the wifi, Cisco left the cortex and made his call to Felicity. Barry took Cisco's seat and pulled up next to Caitlin.

"Ok, so this is a lot more awkward than I thought it would be," Barry sighed.

"I was just about to same the same thing," Caitlin laughed slightly.