45

"I'm no superman, but for you, I'll be superhuman"

Barry ran to STAR Labs, after telling Iris to watch Natalie for a little longer, to grab his suit. Caitlin followed behind him in her car.

Barry ran to the address Cisco gave him but nothing was there. He told Cisco this through the earpiece but he had no idea what was going on either. Suddenly the line went dead.

Barry ran back to STAR Labs to make sure everything was fine but when he got the Metahuman was there. Not only was the Metahuman there but he had Caitlin and Cisco right next to death.

"I'm the one you want, not them!" Barry screamed trying to reason.

"But, Flash, I want to cause you pain," The Metahuman said in a disguised voice.

"You're not so scary when you use a voice disguiser and wear a mask," Barry sassed.

The Metahuman took off the mask and revealed a girl with beautiful long hair. This threw Barry off for a second but he quickly got his head back in the game.

"I'm Fastball, in case you didn't know," She smirked.

"That's a terrible name," Cisco mumbled.

Fastball glared at him and then said, "Do you know why I'm called Fastball? It's because I can do this."

Fastball conjured a fireball in her hand and threw it and Barry. Caitlin held her breath but let it out when Barry dodged the ball. He ran around her and threw lightning. She stumbled backwards but it didn't take her out like he planned.

Fastball was so mad at this strike of rebellion that she took out a gun and pointed it at Caitlin's temple. Caitlin tensed up as she struggled to get out of the ropes tying her down. Barry got really tense. The air was still.

Nobody did anything for a while then Barry decided to make a run for it. He took a deep breath in and then ran. The moment Barry began to run Fastball pulled the trigger.

Caitlin was soon in the arms of Barry. Cisco sighed. He knew Caitlin would be Barry's priority but he still wanted to be free from the chair confining him to the small space. Also, he was pretty sure he had bad rope burn on his wrists.

Caitlin was clinging onto Barry for her life. Her wrists were bleeding badly from the tightness of the ropes and her struggling to break free. Barry was ready to run and grab Cisco too but he knew he needed to get Fastball out of the way first.

He squeezed Caitlin's hand as a way to tell her what he was going to do. I guess it was like some couple psychic thing since Caitlin nodded her head. Barry readied his feet and grabbed her. She tried to break free but failed.

Barry ran her to the pipeline and locked her in. Back upstairs, Caitlin was trying to untie Cisco but kept failing due to the weekends of her wrists. Barry ran over and untied him. Despite Caitlin being hurt, she helped out Cisco with his injuries before attending to her own. She wrapped her and Cisco's wrists in medical tape after disinfecting the cuts.

No one said anything for a while beside for Cisco calling Iris. It wasn't until Iris came that the silence was broken. She, of course, went over and hugged Cisco first, after setting Natalie down in a chair, but then hugged Barry afterwards.

"Thank God you guys are ok!" Iris exclaimed. "Oh, I hope you don't mind I came over with Natalie," Iris turned towards Caitlin and Barry.

"It's ok. Thanks for watching her by the way," Caitlin told her.

"Well, I guess we should head home," Barry shrugged.

Cisco left with Iris and Barry carried Natalie and Caitlin's purse down to the car. Barry even offered to drive since Caitlin was obviously in pain.

Iris and Cisco went over to Picture News to write an article about the event that had just gone down. Cisco was there to go over details but he didn't want his name on the article so he wasn't outed as the Flash's sidekick. They also didn't put Caitlin's name in either.

Iris posted the article online and everything started to blow up. Social media was going wild and so was the threes phones with people who knew about Barry asking if they were ok. It wasn't long before this hit the news too and Joe saw it.

Even though it was late, Joe was watching the news when he saw a story about Flash. No matter how big of a fight they were in Barry was still his son and he needed to make sure he was alright. He pulled out his phone and texted Barry.

J: Saw the story, are you, Caitlin, and Cisco okay??

Barry was eating when his phone went off. He rolled his eyes as he read it. Without a second guess, he pushed his phone across the table. Joe wasn't done, though. He knew that if Barry wouldn't answer his text he still had ways to make sure he was ok, so he texted Caitlin.

J: Is everybody ok???

Caitlin was laying in bed when her phone went off. She checked it. She wanted to answer but she knew Barry wouldn't be ok with it so she turned her phone all the way off and went back to sleep.

Joe tried Cisco next. If anyone were to answer him it would be Cisco. He was really hoping Cisco would answer so he didn't have to ask Iris. He typed his message in a pressed send.

J: Are you guys all okay????

Cisco was getting ready for bed after he had dropped Iris off when his phone went off. He sighed not knowing what to do. He knew Barry would be mad at him if he texted him back but, on the other hand, he is just a dad who wants to know if his son is ok.

C: Yeah, we are all fine.

With a sense of guilt, Cisco pressed send. Barry didn't have to know right?

"Are you ok?" Barry whispered as he laid down next to Caitlin.

"I'm ok," She smiled back.

Barry pulled her in closer so she was the little spoon and planted a kiss on her head before closing his eyes to fall asleep. 

----------

Dear readers, 

So, for the sequel, I'm going to have Natalie be "played" by Holland Roden because she is amazing.  

The next few chapters will be fillers I guess. Chapter 49 and 50 will be a lot longer than these fillers. 

Comment down below if you think Natalie's love interest should be played by Dylan O'Brien or Dylan Sprayberry

Comment and Vote!

Love, the author,

Elly :)