31

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to start right away"

"They're right over there," The lady pointed to a large, glass case.

Barry walked over and then looked into the case. He saw a lot of big ones, but he knew a small ring would be more Caitlin's style. There was two he knew she would love. The two rings were almost exactly the same, they had the same small diamond sitting on top of a nice band. The bands were different though, one was silver the other gold. The cashier came over to help.

"Have you picked one yet?" She asked.

"I like the small silver one and the almost identical gold one," Barry said as he pointed the two out.

"I think the silver one is nicer, but that's my opinion," The cashier told him.

"Then let's go with the silver one," Barry smiled.

The cashier took it out of the case, along with the black, velvety box. Barry walked with her over to the counter and paid. Just as he was walking out the cashier said, "Good luck, she's a lucky lady!' Barry smiled a thank you and then went back outside of the mall.

He ran back to the West house. By now everyone would be asleep, so he went back inside and set the bag with the ring in it on his desk. He got ready for bed and then climbed under the sheets.

Just as he was trying to go to sleep he remembered the pictures of him and Natalie and how much he loved them. He ordered the pictures to be printed at Walgreens so he could put them on his desk at the police station. After he ordered the pictures he went to sleep.

Joe walked in Barry's room early the next morning and saw Barry asleep in his bed. He was relieved he came home instead of sleeping somewhere else. Just as he was walking out he spotted a small, white, bag on Barry's desk. He decided to peek at it. When he looked in the ring box he was furious. He dropped it in the bag, not caring about the noise he was making.

"Joe?" Barry asked as he woke up.

"What is this?" Joe asked holding up the ring box.

Barry's eyes widened, he wasn't supposed to see that. "Nothing," Barry lied.

"This is an engagement ring Barry!" Joe shouted, waking Iris and Wally up.

"I know, I'm not an idiot," Barry sighed.

Wally put in earplugs and went back to sleep but Iris went into the hall to see what was going on.

"First you knock up Caitlin and now you want to marry her? You're out of your mind!" Joe shouted.

Earplugs weren't enough for Wally, so he got up and went in the hall with Iris. Iris felt tears stream down her face and into the corner of her mouth. The salty taste of her tears described her mood right now.

"This has nothing to do with you Joe!" Barry was screaming now.

"Nothing to do with me? I'm your father!" Joe screamed.

"Last time I checked Henry Allen is my father!" Barry screamed.

The whole world was silent. No one could believe what they were hearing. Barry rolled his eyes and used his speed to get ready. He grabbed the bag with the ring in it from Joe and ran to Walgreens.

He picked up his three pictures, the selfie, the picture with him and Natalie, and the first picture he ever saw of Natalie. He not only bought them, he bought frames as well. He slipped each picture into their frame and then ran to the police station for work.