15

"Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back to each other"

"What are you doing here Caitlin?" Barry asked.

"I brought you your clothes, you left them at STAR Labs," Caitlin handed over Barry's clothes, "and I wanted to talk to you."

Caitlin gestured Barry outside. He put down his clothes on a table and then walked out onto the porch, closing the door behind him. When Barry was fully outside and the door was fully closed, Caitlin wrapped her arms around Barry's neck, went on her toes to get to his height, and kissed him. Barry's first thought was that she was drunk. It didn't matter if she was drunk or not, at least not to Barry at this moment. He put his hands around her waist and kissed her back. Her lips didn't have the taste of alcohol which meant that this was all real.

The kissed pulled apart naturally after a minute. Caitlin went back down to her normal height but kept her arms around Barry's neck. "I've wanted to do that all day," Caitlin whispered with a smile on her face.

"Me too," Barry smiled as he leaned in closer to kiss her again.

Caitlin went back up on her toes and their lips met. The moonlight in the background was lit up just enough for the people across the street to see the silhouette of the two lovers kissing on the porch. When the two pulled away again, Caitlin went back down to regular height, but kept her arms around Barry's neck, like the last time.

"I love you so much," Barry whispered into her ear.

"I love you too," Caitlin pecked his cheek.

"So, are we back together?" Barry asked in a hushed voice.

Caitlin nodded and went back up on her toes for another kiss. Barry pulled her closer and kissed her again. This kiss did not last as long as the other two because Barry pulled away. He smiled down at Caitlin and kissed her forehead.

"I should go back in before they get suspicious," Barry whispered.

Caitlin relaxed her arms and feet and nodded. Barry pulled her in for a hug and planted a soft kiss on the top of her head. He watched her walk off the porch as he opened the door. He wiped the smile off his face even though he didn't want to. He closed the door. His arm hadn't hurt when he put them around Caitlin's waist so he assumed his wound was better. He lifted up his sleeve and ripped off the gauze pad.

"What did you two talk about?" Joe questioned with a smile on his face.

"Nothing," Barry mumbled as he grabbed his clothes and threw out the gauze pad.

"Is that why you have lip gloss on your lips then?" Joe held back a laugh.

Barry's eyes widened. He looked in the small mirror in the living room and saw the sparkly substance smeared on his lips, unevenly. He quickly rubbed it off using his arm. Joe let out a small laugh as he watched Barry try to get rid of all the sparkles. The shower turned off upstairs meaning Iris would come downstairs any second with her wet hair getting her pale green tank top soaked and dripping on her rose pink pajama pants. Barry didn't know his eyes could grow any wider, but apparently they could. He moved his arm even faster across his lips, but not super speed fast. Joe was laughing as he read his newspaper. He knew Barry was screwed. Footsteps inched closer to the stairs and then started to go down towards Barry. When he saw Iris's foot he quickly covered his lips with his clothes Caitlin dropped off. Joe was laughing so hard now as he watched Barry.

Iris came into Barry's view. He was frozen with his clothes casually covering the lower half of his face. Iris raised her eyebrow at him and Joe, questioning what was going on.