36

"How lucky am I to have someone so hard to say goodbye to"

Caitlin found herself at the cemetery. It might have been the middle of the night but she had to do this. The moon was shining down on the gravestones giving the cemetery a horror movie look. Caitlin kept walking up the path despite every bone in her body telling her to turn back.

The moonlight revealed the pathway to Caitlin. Her heeled black boots clicked across the pavement as she searched for the spot Ronnie was buried. She clutched her arms to keep herself warm from the breeze. She had changed into a black t-shirt before she left, which was now proving to be a bad decision.

The trees whistled and danced to the movement of the wind. Caitlin looked over to see leaves falling off of a tree. There was an empty bench underneath the tree being covered in the falling leaves. She walked across the damp grass to the bench.

The cold of the stone bench shocked Caitlin as she sat down. She jolted up after barely touching it, but then sat back down expecting it to be cold. She picked a flower that was to the side of the bench and twirled it in her hands.

Caitlin looked up at the gravestone and saw the name engraved, Ronnie Raymond. A tear slid down her cheek as she remembered her husband. She slowly got up and then sat down on the grass, not caring about it being dew covered. She set down the flower right in front of his headstone.

"Hey Ronnie, what's up?" Caitlin choked. "I miss you."

Caitlin was choking up on all her words. She had never visited his grave before, besides for the funeral of course. She normally would be kind of weirded out by the fact she is sitting on top of a person, but there was nothing but an empty casket under the grass.

She took out a little black book she had put in her purse and flipped it open to the first page. She read the first page to the gravestone, wishing it was Ronnie.

Dear Ronnie,

It's been almost day since you disappeared in the singularity and the tears still haven't stopped. Last time the tears had gone away sooner, but this time, they won't stop. Perhaps it's because you left me again or perhaps it's because I have to try and live my life without you again. Whatever the reason is all I know is that, this time, it's harder to say goodbye. I've decided to start this diary and write about each day just in case you decide to come back to me, like you did last time, so you can read it and feel like you were living it with me. I love you and I'll never stop, even if you don't come back to me

Love,

Caitlin

She closed the book at put it back in her purse. Caitlin wiped away a few tears and then just sat for a few minutes to talk to him about her life. She told him about Natalie, Barry, and the situation with Joe. What was supposed to be a few minutes became hours. She didn't realize how long she had been there until she saw the sun rising.

She knew she had to go soon since her alarm would be going off soon, waking up Barry. She leaned over and kissed the top of the headstone. Caitlin got up and wiped the grass off of her jeans and then left, wiping the last of her tears away from her face. 

----------

Dear readers,

Ok, so this is really short, but doesn't it just hit you hard in the feels? The next chapter should be longer, I promise. 

Instagram : flash.xoxo

Twitter: theflashhq

Love, the author,

Elly :)