11

"I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the same way I feel when I'm with you"

Barry ran. He ran as fast as he possibly could. He knew he shouldn't have left Caitlin like that but he had to catch her captor. He knew walking out of that room meant he would get a lecture from Caitlin the next time he walked into the cortex, but he did it anyway.

Caitlin was so prepared to give him a lecture when he got back. For now, she was worried. She knew that Barry would get too angry and nothing good ever happens when he's angry. The com system wasn't working either so no contact. She was rushing Cisco to fix it but it's not easy to do remotely. Caitlin was going through every security camera to see if she could find a streak of yellow electricity.

Barry was following this blur that was sometimes in front of him and sometimes not. He was angry, angrier than normal. He couldn't keep his mind off Caitlin when he had found her, the way she was cut up and how cold she was. Caitlin gave him the strength to keep running. How long he could keep running was a mystery.

Caitlin and Cisco were frantically working to get Barry's com system working and find him. For all they knew he could be in Star City or on another Earth. Joe had called from the police station to let them know he was looking from there. Wally had called to let them know that he was out on the streets looking. Iris called to tell them that she was asking people on the streets if they had seen him. After an hour they had no luck, Barry had disappeared off the face of this Earth.

Barry wasn't sure where he was. He definitely wasn't in Star or Central City anymore. He kept trying to talk to Caitlin and Cisco, but his com system was down. His phone battery was dying as well. He was going to go back to STAR Labs, but this guy wasn't easy to track and he wanted to catch him while he had a chance.

Caitlin was still looking for Barry when Cisco went home. Even though she felt fine enough to go back to her house for the night she wouldn't be able to sleep until she found Barry. She played with the charm on her necklace as she checked security cameras for the billionth time. She couldn't take it anymore, so, she called Felicity.

"Barry's missing. I need your help," Caitlin gave Felicity the short synopsis.

"Cisco called me. I've checked everything. He has no phone records, he's not on any security cameras, he hasn't purchased anything on his credit cards, and there haven't been any sightings of The Flash on the streets," Felicity didn't want to tell Caitlin this.

"Ok. Can you just double check every once in awhile?" Caitlin asked.

"Of course," Felicity assured her.

Caitlin hung up and then went back to her desk. She hadn't thought of calling Barry until Felicity mentioned checking his phone records. Caitlin picked up her phone and dialed Barry's number.

Barry felt his phone ringing. He had been getting calls all day but never answered any of them. This ringtone was different than the others, it was Caitlin's special ringtone. Barry would have answered, but he was so close to Johnny Quick that he just couldn't lose him. Guilt flooded his entire body, but he used it as fuel to keep running.

The phone rang up against Caitlin's ear for awhile but went to voicemail in the end. She took the phone off her ear and stared at Barry's contact for a while. Her eyes were getting droopy now. Barry hadn't been at STAR Labs for about twelve hours and that entire time Caitlin was awake and looking for him, but she just needed a tiny amount of sleep. She put the security cameras in the entrance to STAR Labs on and rested her head down on the desk.

Barry felt like he had been running forever. He, honestly, wouldn't have been surprised if had been. This Johnny guy wasn't even getting remotely tired, but Barry was. He kept getting unbearable headaches and his eyes were getting extremely heavy. He pulled through, getting power from all the anger he had stored deep down in him. Johnny Quick had taken a sharp turn and Barry lost him. He stopped dead and looked around but no sign of him anywhere. Barry tried to think. Why would he run Barry far from Central City? It hit him and Barry ran faster than he'd ever run.

Caitlin was woken up to the sound of wind. Hopeful it was Barry she turned around to face the entrance of the cortex. The man who stood in front of her was a speedster, but it wasn't Barry, it was Johnny Quick. She got up and ran behind the desk, ignoring the pain running made her feel. Without a word, Johnny Quick aimed a gun at her and fired several times.

Barry heard gunshots as he ran into the hallway leading to the cortex. Barry sped up, getting faster than ever, and ran into the cortex. Everything was in super slow motion for him. As he ran in, Johnny ran out. He ran in front of Caitlin and grabbed each bullet.

"Guess we're bulletproof huh?" Barry said, out of breath, and then collapsed. 

----------

Dear readers,

Ok, this was honestly the most boring chapter ever to write until the end. It was really short, sorry about that, but you have agree a short chapter with that ending is ok. I won't post the next chapter until tomorrow afternoon because I have school :(

Comment and Vote!

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author, 

Elly :)