38

"Adventure is out there"

Being up at five in the morning with a two-year-old was not a good idea. The plan for Disney had a few mistakes in it, this was definitely one of them. Natalie was not happy to be up, Caitlin was stressing out making sure they had everything, and, according to Caitlin, Barry wasn't helping. Barry helped Natalie into the car and put everyone's suitcases into the trunk while Caitlin ran around the house making sure everything was packed.

"I'm not sure we have everything," Caitlin was freaking out.

Barry grabbed her arms and shifted her to turn towards him. "It's ok, just breathe," Barry assured her.

Caitlin took a deep breath in then let it out. She nodded and got into the passenger seat. Natalie was already sound asleep in the back, holding her Ariel doll. Barry had offered to drive, even though he didn't want to, he would rather be sleeping in the passenger seat like Caitlin would soon be doing.

Like he predicted, Caitlin was fast asleep before they had even left her street. The airport was less than the hour away so they both didn't get to sleep too long. Barry shook Caitlin awake who shook Natalie awake. Natalie being tired was perfect because when she's tired she's quiet.

They checked their luggage and got through security without a problem. Natalie was pretty much sleeping, even when they were boarding. Caitlin took the liberty of holding her while Barry carried the two carry-ons onto the plane.

The plane ride was quiet. Since it was an early flight most of the kids were sleeping, including Natalie. Caitlin listened to music while Barry read a book, something he hasn't done in a very long time.

When the plane landed in Florida, Natalie was wide awake. She was quiet up until the part where they get off the plane. Caitlin was holding her hand as she jumped (literally) off the plane. Barry was holding his backpack and Caitlin's purse, but at least he wasn't trying to keep a 2-year-old next to him.

They took a bus to the hotel that was in Disney. They weren't in the hotel long enough to look around, they pretty much set their bags down, Barry put his backpack on his shoulders and they went to the parks.

The number one goal was to meet Ariel, but first, they had to get Mickey ears and get a nice family picture in front of the castle. Natalie got silver, sparkly, Minnie ears and Barry got Mickey ears while Caitlin got matching Minnie ears.

Next, they went to take a family picture in front of the castle. Barry asked a random person to take the picture and handed them the phone after they said yes. The person was nice enough to take a picture of the whole family and take one of just Barry and Caitlin while Natalie stood next to the stranger taking the picture.

After the picture, they tried to find the Ariel meet and greet area. Of course, it was over by the Little Mermaid ride. The line was already pretty long for the picture, so they did that before the ride.

Natalie was super jumpy in the line. She was wearing a Little Mermaid shirt and black shorts. Caitlin kept reminding her that she was about to meet the mermaid that was on her shirt. Ever ytime she reminded her, Natalie would jump up and down.

"Hi Princess! What's your name?" Ariel smiled and reached for a hug as Natalie walked up.

"Natalie," Natalie smiled widely after she had given the actress playing Ariel a hug.

"It's very nice to meet you!" Ariel smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too!" Natalie couldn't stop smiling.

"Have you gone on any rides yet?" Ariel asked.

"No. I'm going on that one next" Natalie pointed to the Little Mermaid ride.