10

"Everyday is a second chance"

Caitlin had woken up before Barry this time. She got up quietly and changed into her normal clothes and got ready for the day. She wasn't feeling very much pain today and barely had a limp. Barry had woken up as Caitlin put on her makeup. He changed into his clothes and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and hair. The door to the bathroom was open but Caitlin was in it putting on her mascara. Barry put one foot in.

"Oh sorry! I didn't know you were in here," Barry was about to walk out when he realized what she was doing. He walked up behind her. "You don't need makeup to look beautiful," Barry told her.

She smiled and then began to put on lip gloss. She puckered up her lips to make sure she covered every inch of them and then capped the tube of lip gloss and set it down. She walked out and allowed Barry to finish getting ready.

Caitlin was sure she could go home tonight, so, she packed up all of her dirty clothes and her birthday presents, excluding her necklace she was currently wearing. Barry came out and put his pajamas, along with his toiletries, into his duffle bag. Cisco walked in just as Caitlin went to sit down in her chair.

"I think that we should be looking for this Johnny Quick guy. We should also come up with a new name for him, I mean Johnny Quick is not even remotely creative," Cisco told them.

The computers started to beep. "Metahuman at the park," Caitlin informed Barry. Barry sighed and then got into his suit.

People at the park were screaming as a man, with the same powers as Ronnie, flew around throwing fireballs at people.

"Ronnie?" Barry asked in a confused tone.

"What? Barry! What did you just say?" Caitlin asked through Barry's earpiece.

The man came down to the ground to confront Barry. This wasn't Ronnie, though, it was someone else. The man threw fireballs at Barry. Barry successfully dodged each one. Barry ran around the man and then threw lightning at him. The man flew back onto the ground but wasn't shaken. He got back up and then threw another fireball at Barry. This time, the fireball grazed Barry's arm.

"Ow!" Barry mumbled.

The man flew off as Barry was distracted by his burning flesh. Barry ran back to STAR Labs.

Caitlin dabbed Barry's burn with an ice cube. He flinched each time the ice cube hit his skin, which made Caitlin flinch. After, she put on some cream and then put a gauze pad over it.

"It shouldn't take too long to heal. Now, why did you say Ronnie's name?" Caitlin asked.

"Oh, this metahuman had all the same powers as Ronnie, so I thought it was him when he was farther away, but it turned out to be a different guy," Barry explained.

"He needs a name," Cisco added. "something as cool as Firestorm, but not too cool. Another name I had come up with for Ronnie and Dr. Stein was Firehawk, how about that?"

Barry shrugged as a gesture of approval. Caitlin cleaned up her doctor supplies that she had used for Barry. Cisco was typing rapidly at his desk which got the other two worried. Joe walked in a few moments into Cisco's typing frenzy.

"Any information on this new metahuman? He burnt half the park down and gave some serious burns to a few adults and children," Joe explained.

"I think I found a way to stop him. Barry, if you run fast enough around him then he won't be able to catch on fire. The only problem is I don't know how to catch him," Cisco told Barry.

"The police could shoot him in the leg or something and then I grab him and take him to the pipeline," Barry added.

"But they could shoot you by accident," Caitlin pointed out.

"It's the only way Cait," Barry told her.

The computers went off again. Firehawk was back at the park. Barry nodded to Joe and he nodded back. Joe did not want to risk Barry's life to capture a metahuman, but he knew it was the only way.

Barry ran to the park while Joe drove. Firehawk was harming innocent people, so, Barry had no choice but to get everyone a safe distance away before beginning Cisco's plan. After putting the last person far away Barry stopped in front of Firehawk.

Barry put his hand to his earpiece and said, "Cait, if this doesn't work, I want you to know that I love you."

Caitlin froze up. Cisco looked at her and she looked at him. What just happened, Cisco thought.

"I love you too," Caitlin finally replied as she moved the charm on her necklace from side to side.

Barry was ready. He began to run around Firehawk, increasing his speed with every lap. Joe hesitated for a while and then aimed the gun towards Firehawk's leg and fired. It was a nerve-racking few milliseconds, but the bullet had gone straight into Firehawk's leg. Barry stopped running and then picked him up. He ran him back to the pipeline and locked him away in his cell.

When Barry walked into the cortex he was greeted by Caitlin running up and giving him a tight hug. "Don't you dare do that to me again, I thought you were going to die," Caitlin demanded.

Barry hugged Caitlin tighter back and kissed the top of her head softly. Barry sat down in the extra spinny chair and pulled it up next to Caitlin's. His phone buzzed, Thank God I didn't kill you on accident - Joe. Barry chuckled a little but then put his phone away thinking Joe would be over there soon enough. Everyone sat around and listened to Cisco go on and on about how brilliant his plan was.

"Forget about me?" Johnny Quick asked as he walked into the room.

Barry stood up and Johnny ran out using his speed. Barry ran after him.

"BARRY!" Caitlin yelled as she stood up from her chair. 

---------

Dear readers, 

I felt bad about not updating that much so I decided to stay up later and write you guys another chapter. Also, sorry about the cliffhanger. Lol, jk, I'm not sorry. 

Comment, Like, and Vote! 

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author, 

Elly :)