07

"I remember that it hurt looking at her in pain"

"Barry?" Caitlin answered back in the loudest whisper she could get her throat to produce.

Barry sighed of relief. Kara allowed him to go get his girlfriend on his own and stepped out into the less freezing part of the warehouse. Barry ran through the room and then found a dim light.

Caitlin heard wind, which had to be Barry. With all the strength she had left, Caitlin began to try and get out of the ropes. There was a whoosh behind her and then her hands were free. There was another whoosh and then Barry was sitting in front her untying her feet. She couldn't stand up, her legs were too cut up. Barry picked her up and stood her up in front of him.

"I should have done this before you left," Barry whispered before locking his lips on hers.

Caitlin wrapped her hands around Barry's waist and kissed him back. Barry held up Caitlin as the two kissed passionately. It was at that moment that Caitlin's pain slipped away and the cold air became nothing but a vague memory. They eventually broke apart, bring back the pain and the cold air. A smile formed on Caitlin's lips as Barry wiped the blood and tears from her cheeks.

"You found me," Caitlin whispered.

"I'll always find you, I promise," Barry rested her head on his chest and rubbed her back.

Caitlin put one of her arms around Barry's neck and Barry helped walk her to the door. Barry met up with Kara outside. Kara's eyes went wide.

"Let's take her to my place," Kara suggested.

Barry nodded and picked up Caitlin bridal style. The two superheroes ran/flew to Kara's place. Kara called Winn and James and told them to come over to her place. Barry sat on the couch with Caitlin's head in his lap, sleeping. Kara walked over to Barry with a first aid kit. Barry felt bad but had to wake Caitlin up in order to clean off her cuts.

Barry helped Caitlin sit up and she turned towards him. Barry used a Q-Tip with some disinfectant on it to clean the cut up making Caitlin wince. Next, Barry put a bandage on it. Barry did the same with the cuts on her arm and leg. The cut on her stomach was disinfected as the others were, but Barry put a gauze pad on it instead of bandages. Caitlin laid down on a pillow with her head propped up and her legs stretched out on the couch. Barry put a blanket over her and sat down on the chair across from her and rubbed her leg trying not to go over the cuts. Winn and James arrived a few moments later.

"Caitlin, this is Winn, James, and Kara," Barry gestured to each person as he said their names.

"Hi," Caitlin said weakly. The three Earth 3 citizens waved to her.

"What would you like to eat?" Kara asked.

"Pizza," Caitlin replied with a smile on her lips.

Kara walked over to the phone and ordered pizza. Barry, James, Winn, and Kara all let Caitlin sleep as she waited for her pizza to arrive. Kara had left for a little bit to get Barry donuts from Barry's favorite donut place he had eaten at last time he was there.

Caitlin woke up to the doorbell ringing. There was a delivery man at the door when Kara answered it. Kara gave the delivery man a twenty dollar bill in exchange for the pizza. The pizza was placed on the coffee table. Caitlin got first dibs so she choose the biggest piece. The other four picked out their slices and ate, but not nearly as fast as Caitlin. She was finishing up her second piece as the others finished up their first piece.

After Caitlin ate the last two slices, Barry helped her up and they said goodbye to their friends. Barry, Kara, and Caitlin went out to the field that Barry had entered in. Barry picked up Caitlin and started running with Kara by his side. When a breach opened Kara threw Barry into it.

Barry was in the cortex in a matter of seconds. He set Caitlin on the hospital bed. He helped prop her up and put a blanket over her. Cisco, Joe, and Iris followed Barry to the hospital bed.

"What happened?" Joe asked.

"A lot. Can I get some sleep before I explain it all?" Caitlin asked, turning on her side.

"Of course," Cisco told her.

Everyone walked down the steps of one of the side sections of the cortex. Cisco sat down on his chair while everyone else remained standing. Joe looked at Barry as if to say, "tell her now." Barry sighed but disobeyed, he wasn't ready. 

Joe sighed, "Iris, we should get going."

Iris nodded, "Coming Barry?"

Barry shook his head and the two walked out. Barry walked back into the cortex to find Cisco watching Caitlin sleep from afar. Barry sat down in Caitlin's chair and looked at the rose he had given her. He noticed the water was dirty, so, he got up and changed it for her.

"I feel bad for her. It seems like she's the only one that gets kidnapped," Cisco pointed out.

"It's because each villain that we've faced has realized how important she is to me," Barry explained as he sat back down.

The two watched Caitlin in silence for a while. All of the sudden, Caitlin gasped and shot up from her bed. 

--------

Dear readers,

I was smiling so much writing the beginning of the chapter. Lol I just love their first kiss so much. 

I feel like the chapters just keep getting shorter and short, but oh well, I'll try to make them longer. About to start the next chapter. I think it'll be up in about 10 hours but maybe later it kind of depends on what time the bachelorette party for my sister is at. 

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author,

Elly :)