30

"Forever and Always"

"I've never had a dad before!" Natalie cheered.

Caitlin and Barry let out a small laugh and bent down to her height.

"Let's go eat dinner, I'm sure you're hungry," Caitlin gestured everyone over to the table.

Barry picked up Natalie and carried her over to the table. She wasn't heavy but the weight on his newly healed wrist was a little bit much. He set her down and then sat down across from her and Caitlin. The three began to eat.

"Are you two married? All my others friends dads and moms are married. One of my friends even has two dads," Natalie asked, as she chewed on her food.

The question made Barry and Caitlin choke on their food.

"Sweetie, don't talk with food in your mouth," Caitlin said after taking a sip of water.

"No, we aren't married," Barry said as politely as possible.

The rest of dinner was everyone trying to get to know each other. They talked a lot about Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. Caitlin found it pretty hilarious watching Barry understand the world where toys talk and a random girl becomes a princess. Barry told her he was the Flash, but she didn't understand who the Flash was so he became the man who runs really really fast.

At the end of dinner Caitlin got a picture of Barry and Natalie and then they all took a selfie. Caitlin sent him the pictures before he left. He said goodbye to everyone and then ran home.

Barry found himself at the West house. This wasn't home anymore, at least not to him. His home couldn't be STAR Labs either. The place that had felt most like home was Caitlin's house, with his family. Family, that's a funny word. Sure Natalie was his daughter, but Caitlin was nothing more than his girlfriend. His real family is Joe, Iris, and Wally, but lately, they didn't seem like a family. Wally was distant, Iris was trying to be more than a friend, and Joe kicked him out. His family was Caitlin and Natalie now.

His mind went to the idea of marriage. He had never thought about it before tonight. Now all he wanted was to see was a ring on her finger. He wanted to claim her as his forever. He wanted to change her last name.

Joe looked out the window at Barry sitting on the porch. He felt terrible about how he handled everything earlier. Now the poor kid had nowhere to go, but STAR Labs. Suddenly he saw Barry disappear. Joe went back to watching TV.

Joe wasn't really watching tv, though, he was assessing the situation in his head. As bad as he felt for kicking Barry out, he knew he was right, Barry wasn't responsible enough.

Barry decided on something other than going into the house. He ran through the wind and ended up at the mall. It wasn't too late so everything was still open. Barry walked through the crowds of people to a small store at the end of the mall. Not many people were in it, just like last time. He walked through the store to the counter. He saw the familiar lady and went up to talk to her.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring," Barry announced with a smile on his face. 

----------

Dear readers,

Sorry about the short filler chapter. I'll probably post another one tonight. Anyways... BARRY'S GONNA ASK CAITLIN TO MARRY HIM AHHHHHHHHH, but what will Joe and Iris say?

Comment and vote!

Follow my Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author,

Elly :)