44

"Wherever you are is the place I belong"

Work was not going to be easy today. Since he was gone for a week Barry had to go into the crime lab. He was gone before Caitlin got Natalie up and ready for daycare which was a sign it was way too early in the morning to work. If Natalie wasn't up then why should he be up?

Barry was back at his normal routine, Jitters then either STAR Labs or police station. As much as he wanted to go to STAR Labs he didn't want to be fired at the police station so he reluctantly ran there.

Avoiding everyone was his goal today. Who am I kidding, that's his goal everyday. Barry quickly went up the stairs and into his office before anyone could talk to him. He even managed to avoid Joe. So far the goal was being fulfilled.

Avoiding everyone was successful up until lunch time. Captain Singh came up to welcome him back and grab a few newly finished cases from him. To make things worse, Joe came in. Barry acted like he wasn't there and continued with his work. Joe didn't go away, though, he looked over Barry's shoulder and watched him doing his work.

"Can I help you with something?" Barry asked with attitude as he spun around.

"I wanted to talk," Joe whispered.

"Go ahead," Barry sighed.

"I'm sorry for everything. I was being stupid," Joe told him.

"Joe, I don't want an apology, I want an explanation. Until you have a really good one I suggest you get out of my office," Barry shooed him away.

Joe, reluctantly, went away and left Barry to his work. Barry wasn't sure if he should've listened to the explanation right then and there but the feeling in the pit of his stomach was telling him he made the right decision.

After work Barry decided to go visit Iris at work. Of course this has a meaning to it, he wouldn't go visit her for no reason.

"Hey Iris! I need a huge favor," Barry smiled as he walked into Picture News.

"That depends, what is it?" Iris asked.

"Can you watch Natalie tonight? I want to take Caitlin on a date," Barry explained.

"Sure! I'd have to go to your place though because, well, you know, the whole 'my dad hates you' thing," Iris told him.

"Done," Barry agreed.

With his Picture News trip a success, Barry headed to STAR Labs.
Everything look perfect to Barry when he entered the cortex. Caitlin and Cisco were sitting with their backs to him, oblivious to his presence. The original Team Flash was all here. Barry smiled as he walked to the front of Caitlin's portion of the desk.

"We are going on a date tonight," Barry declared.

"What should I wear?" Cisco asked sarcastically.

Caitlin glared at Cisco but then turned back to smile up at Barry. "What about Natalie?" She asked.

"Iris has that handled. We are seeing Finding Dory after dinner so wear whatever you want," Barry told her.

"Sounds good," Caitlin smiled.

Barry decided to stay with Caitlin and Cisco until their work was finished up.