P R O L O G U E

"Stop that woman from running around naked through the castle!" I heard one of the maids shriek in horror, dropping the silver tray of tarts or whatever the fuck she was holding clatter to the newly polished marble floor as I continued to run.

Um, I wasn't even naked, it's called sports shorts and an oversized sweater lady, look it up.

Oh right, no one can do that because the internet doesn't exist in this place along with woman's jeans, iphones, and toaster stroodles.

Or boybands.

Sigh.

Every turn I made through the humongous extravagent castle a maid or butler would scream out in terror, their wide eyes glued to my exposed legs and ankles as they gaped at me with a mixture of disgust and disbelief.

Like chill, I shaved it's fine.

"Clarene I specifically notified you that I wanted my robe from Brandy Hellville, not Forever Eighteen Hundreds!" A shrill feminine voice whined in one of the large rooms of the castle, making me quickly retract my steps as I pressed my back against the wall, watching as a middle aged maid stumbled out of the room, repeatedly apologizing before a dark purple silk robe was tossed over her face and the door slammed close.

"Thou art a fake bitch." The woman who I assumed was named Clarene muttered under her breath as she took the clothing off her face to shoot the closed door an irritated glare while I squinted my eyes at her, wondering why she looked just like Melissa Mccarthy.

Who's complaining though, I love Melissa Mccarthy.

"Um, hi there." I said, stepping out into the hallway more, waving my hand awkwardly as I gave her a nervous smile before her brown eyes widened when she took in my appearance.

"No, mmhmm, no thank you, nope," She forced out a polite laugh, the overly cheery smile on her face twitching slightly as she shook her head, placing her pudgy hand over her mouth before she turned on her heel and started walking away from me.

"Wait, I was wondering if you could-"

"No I am already working with an insane bitch, I don't want to have to worry about a naked one. That was not in the job description." She said, raising her pointer finger as I followed close behind her.

"I was just wondering if I could borrow that robe." I explained, making her stop in her tracks as she turned to give me a look.

"Would you yell at me if you found out this robe was from Forever Eighteen Hundreds and not Brandy Hellville?" Clarene asked, narrowing her eyes at me as she tilted her head to the side while I pursed my lips.

"No?" I slowly shrugged before a smile broke out on her adorable round face.

"Here, it's yours. Not my problem anymore." She simply said, throwing her hands up in the air in surrender as she tossed me the thin robe, making me thank her as she continued to walk away before I quickly put it on, wrapping the fabric around my body making sure it covered my legs and, yes even my ankles.

I continued to wander around the large fortress, looking up and nodding at the glass chandeliers hanging from the high vaulted ceilings in approval before I heard a few hushed voices down the hall deep in conversation.

"We must find that crazy girl. We cannot have some random woman running around practically naked with her ankles showing when the Prince has just arrived back from his voyage." A woman's strained voice declared in worry as the other gasped at her words.

"Oh my, I forgot he's going to be picking his bride in a few days. Who are you rooting for?" The other asked with interest.

"I'm leaning more on that Elizabeth girl's side but Victoria has an amazing bosom."