Chapter 10

AN: Important contest information at the end.

Demon Harry and I looked up at the building as I brought my hand up to shield my eyes from the sun.

"I didn't know demons had other jobs besides the one at the office." I truthfully told him, staring at the glass windows in awe as Harry nodded from besides me, taking a bite of his banana.

"Well yeah, I'm pretty cheap so the paychecks I give my employees aren't big enough to support them alone. Lots of demons have normal jobs in the human society we just don't let the humans know. You know state farm?" He asked through a mouthful of fruit as I turned to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"Whole company. Run by demons." He informed with a cocky smirk as my jaw dropped at his words.

"What? No it's not." I said in denial as we looked at eachother.

"Uh, yeah it is. How do you think they appear whenever you need car insurance. Duh." Harry scoffed, giving me a look as I furrowed my brows at him.

"But that's a commercial. You're lying." I stated, pointing at him as I raised my brows before he tossed the empty banana peel over his shoulder, carelessly discarded it on the ground before turning his head to meet my gaze.

"Am I." He said in an arrogant tone, unbuttoning his shirt to reveal another shirt underneath that was red with the white logo state farm on the right side of his chest as my eyes widened in disbelief.

"You work for state farm?" I breathed in amazement as he grinned and closed up his shirt.

"Oh honey," He patronized, grabbing my chin and keeping me still so our eyes would meet.

"I own state farm." Harry declared with a cocky smirk as I slowly took his hand away from face while I gaped at him in surprise.

The recess bell suddenly rang, catching both Harry and I's attention as we saw the hallways inside the elementary school flood with little kids rushing out of class.

"So Haylie works here right?" I leaned over asking Harry for confirmation as we prepared to go inside.

"Pretty sure I saw something about her working with kids on her record." He simply shrugged in response.

"Okay, just pick up that banana peel you tossed and we'll head in." I told him, going up the steps as he sent me a look.

"What? I'm not picking it up I threw it for a reason. If I just picked it up it would be lame." Harry protested, tugging on the hem of my shirt from behind as I turned to give him a look.

"Okay and, in what world is throwing banana peels cool." I said in a slow voice, clasping my hands together as I looked at Harry who pursed his lips in thought.

"Narnia..."

"Pick the banana peel up Harry." I cut him off, widening my eyes at him for emphasis as I pointed at him before I went inside while he let out a sigh of defeat and followed my orders.

"Hi! Hi there, excuse me sorry." I greeted a little chubby boy in a friendly tone, giving him my best 'I'm not a pedophile' smile as he looked up at me in confusion.

"Hi, um, do you by any chance know which room Haylie- uh I mean, Ms. Charter is?" I asked, bending down to be eye level with this little kid as he blinked at me.

The small chunky boy continued to stare at me with a blank expression, blinking slowly as I heard Harry let out an audible groan of annoyance in the background.