#NewtImagine

Dedicated to instereo4325

My name is Paige.

I sort of like Newt. I mean, he's very attractive and it is so very hard to resist his charms so the moment I landed here at the Glade, I promised to myself that I will get his heart, no matter what.

Well, I don't know if he likes me back, but maybe he likes me but is just too scared to say it because he thinks I like another Glader.

Like Thomas, or Minho, or Ben, or Winston. . or everyone.

Last week, Winston said he likes me. That shocked me really.

These past 3 days, three, maybe four Gladers admiited that they liked me. One who's name is Carl even tried to kiss me.

Everyone in the Glade looks up at me and they always say I'm beautiful.

No, no kidding. Really, they said I'm very beautiful but. . I really kinda don't know if I should accept their compliments.

I don't want someone saying that to me unless it was Newt.

God, I like this guy.

But today, he's not here by my side.

He's flirting with someone.

The new girl Greenie, Briana.

And I'm kind of jealous.

When I tried to divert my gaze to the other side of the Glade, on that tree where all the Gladers rest and take a nap after work, they were all looking intently at me.

My god, stop it. It actually disgust me a bit. Why can't they just check out the new girl? I want Newt to check me out.

And so I bring back my gaze to Newt and the girl.

They were laughing, laughing at something! And I really can't handle the overflowing feeling of jealousy I'm feeling right now so I decided to talk to them.

But just before I step my right foot, someone grabbed my right arm causing me to jump a bit.

I turned around only to see Minho.

"You okay?" he asked, tired eyes staring at me.

I nod and answered, "Yes. I was just about to go somewhere but. . you stopped me."

Minho smiled. "You're going to Newt and Briana? Tsk. Don't mind them, they're having their time analyzing each other's feelings. You should have saw the way Newt hugs Briana the other night. I see chemistry between them."

I froze at the moment.

"S-so, you think, N-newt likes Briana?"

"Yeah, I think they're inlove."

What the hell. This is such a nice day.

"Do you want to grab some food from Frypan's? I'm hungry."

I don't know but when Minho grabbed my hand, I didn't hesitate to pull away. I looked back again to Newt and Briana and I saw Newt looking at me, eyebrows tensed, as if something's bothering him.

But then, Briana holds his hand, and then Newt's lips curved into a very sweet smile.

I looked away. I held Minho's hand tightly. Even earning glances from other Gladers.

I just need to be cool.

-

Days had passed and still, Newt is not talking to me. Or even getting near me. He's just out there, observing me, staring at me intently when I talk to someone, especially Minho.