PREFACE

" I CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE YOU, EVEN THOUGH I TRY NOT TO ! "

( ROMEO & JULIET )
——

Arabelle wasn't your damsel in distress. Plain and simple.

She didn't like being rescued, or being told what to do, and her attitude tends to vex people surrounding her, except for her four - only - friends.

Ethan. Isabelle. Alec. Jace.

And she didn't know if she had to count Isabelle and Alec as friends since they are her step siblings, in fact if they weren't related somehow she probably wouldn't like them that much.

But they were like family to her and she couldn't imagine her life any other way.

"Arabelle are you even listening to me?."  Isabelle asks her, breaking her bubble, not looking startled she looks at her.

"I am not, sorry." Arabelle replies making Isabelle roll her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes, that's my thing."  She says jokingly. "But forgive me, what were you saying?."

Isabelle motions Jace with her chin, then taking a bite of her red juicy apple. "I said, here comes your heartache."

Arabelle rolls her eyes. "You're seriously so annoying, sometimes i wish your parents hadn't adopted me."

"You love me." Isabelle chants, suddenly someone pats Arabelle's back, and she immediately knows who it is. She absolutely hated knowing even how strong his hand was.

"Morning, sunshines." Jace says sarcastically sitting besides Arabelle on the dinning table. "You've broken a new record, this is the latest a Shadowhunter has awoken in history."

"You're so dramatic, is 10:00 am." Arabelle shoots back, Jace grabs Arabelle's apple and takes a big bite from it - The juice of the fruit dripping from his lips until he wipes it off with the back of his hand.

"You missed your training." Jace scolds. "You had training with me."  He gives her a stern look and she shrugs.

"I blame Izzy for making me stay up late watching Teen Wolf." Arabelle retorts and Isabelle scoffs.

"I didn't  make you see it." Isabelle says with eyebrows furrowed.

"Anyway, i'm sure i didn't miss much of our training - The whole time you basically brag about your abilities. But let's be honest, i kick your ass most of the time." Arabelle says mockingly and Jace looks at her with an eyebrow raised.