18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: DISTRACTION.

" Not gonna let you walk away. "

____

NARRATOR.

After Alec had agreed with both Jace and Clary, and made sure the Mortal Cup was safe they find theirselves ready to embrace yet another invasion. While Arabelle sat on the painfully lonely hospital room.

"Someone's trying to get in the Institute." Isabelle states, hearing the alarm, alerting them that someone was right outside the Institute.

"It could be the Circle." Jace states. "Or Anastasia."

"That doesn't make any sense - If she is like Arabelle then she has angel blood, which means it wouldn't alert us of anything." Alec says as they make their way to the entrace of the Institute.

"Maybe she is not like Arabelle." Jace says, with a frown, of course.

They walk out of the Institute, their weapons being held high among the foggy and dark night.

"Don't move!." Jace commands as soon as he sees the silhoutte among the darkness.

"Drop what your holding. Put your hands up." Alec states sternly.

The silhoutte turns around, Raphael looks at them sternly, holding what it seems a lifeless Simon.

"Oh my, god, Simon!." Clary shouts/croaks at the sight of her best friend in the arms of the vampire.

____

After they lay Simon's body on the desk, Jace gulps down and looks at everyone.

"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." He says, looking at Simon.

"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything." Alec replies, turning around. "Nobody will come down here." He states before walking out.

Raphael looks around. "I might be a vampire, but i was raised a good Catholic."

Clary doesn't look away from her best friend.

"The vampires breached the accords." Isabelle spits out. "Killing Simon is grounds for war."

"The vampires were not behind this." Raphael shoots back. "Just Camille, she attacked Simon on her own." He explains.

"And how do we know you're telling the truth?." Jace snaps at Rapahel, looking at me without fear.

"I could have gotten rid of him, but instead i brought him here." Raphael saying, gesturing Simon's body with his head. "I don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters."

"Smart decision." Isabelle mumbles.

"I warned the mundane to stay away, but Camille gave him a taste of her blood, and like an adict he came back wanting more." Rapahel says and  Clary stares up at him in disbelief.

"The only reason Simon ever tasted Camille's blood was because of you!." Clary snaps with her eyes filled with tears, Raphael looked the other way. "You kidnapped him! You drug him to Hotel DuMort you..YOU DELIVERED HIM TO CAMILLE!." Clary shouts.

"I never meant for this to happen." Raphael replies, sternly. Clary looks down at her best friend's body and soon enough tears run down her cheeks and sobs come out of her mouth.

"Simon. Simon, please come back, please!." She cries holding her best friends arm and crying. Jace looks at Isabelle, obviously feeling sad.

"There is a way." Raphael says, earning Clary's attention. "A way to bring Simon back."