20

CHAPTER TWENTY: TEARING US APART.

" You're tearing us apart, again. "

____

NARRATOR.

"Where's Clary Fairchild?." Lydia asks, looking around the people, among them Maryse, Isabelle and Alec were found. She raises an eyebrow. "I hoped someone would know."

"She's with Jace, training on the field." Alec replies sternly. She raises both eyebrows.

"So the daugther of Valentine and the unconventional shadowhunter are out and about in the streets of New York? Thank the Angel for the Clave sending me to keep some order." Lydia says, approaching to Alec with that look of superiority. "It's a good thing i'm keeping a close eye in Arabelle Lightwood, if i wasn't she might be out there as well, and the last thing we need is send a search party for them."

"Clary and Jace will be back in a matter of hours, there's no danger." Maryse says, crossing her arms over her chest - She hated not having control.

"They better, or i'm myself  going to lock them in the chamber to keep them from running away." Lydia says, raising an eyebrow. "Maryse, have you told everything to your children?." She asks, making Isabelle and Alec look at their mother in confusion.

Maryse gulps down. "Not everything, there's some details yet to be discussed with Arabelle."

"Starting with the fact that that's not her real name." Lydia says, Maryse's jaw clenches, it wasn't her bussiness. "You should talk to them right away, the more they know, the more we will be able to know about Anastasia and why is she so involved in Valentine's business."

Maryse gives her a light nod, keeping her head up, looking at both of her children and with a single look she told them what to do.

"I'll go for Arabelle." Isabelle tells Alec, promptly making her way upstairs, and when she opens the mahogany door of Arabelle's room she finds the bed neatly done, the pillows untouched, and her sister nowhere to be found.

____

"You're late, Belle." Magnus says opening the door of his flat to the caped shadowhunter.

"I couldn't get pass the guards, so i had to improvise." She replies, grabbing her Stele marking the Shape-shifting rune on her arm, turning from Isabelle to herself, before entering the cozy home of Magnus Bane, the Great Warlock of Brooklyn. "Okay, i'm here, i need you to help me with the visions - If i had them when i was a child then they should be back now."

"It's not easy, the spell i put in you was quite difficult, you only had one session."

"Tell me what you need, i'll get it." Arabelle tells him, taking her red velvet cape off. "I need to find my parents, and something tells me my evil twin sisters knows where they are."

Magnus raises an eyebrow in confusion, grabbing both of his hands filled with jewerly. "It's impossible, Arabelle. I tried helping you find them not so long ago, there was nothing to find."

Arabelle shakes her head. "I have this theory, what if you couldn't feel anything because they aren't in this dimension?."

Magnus looks at her skeptically. "That would almost make sense, but what about Anastasia, you said she disappeared with the snap of her fingers." Arabelle nods. "How can that be possible? If she is like you...You should have demon blood as well."

"But i couldn't be a Shadowhunter or pass the wards of the Institute if i had demon blood in me." She tells him, before ploping down on the orange couch, fairly comfortable. "My head is about to explode, Anastasia said that i didn't know who i was," She gulps down, looking at the ground. "She was right, i have no idea of who i am, i used to be so sure - But now everything is confusing." She says sighing.