22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: IS IT FAIR?

" I don't wanna know who we are /
I don't wanna leave here without you. "

____

NARRATOR.

Jace's eyes flutter open as the same dizziness takes over his body, his heart pounding on his chest, his head aching. The first look he takes from this dimension is at his hand, and wrapped around one of his fingers was a platinum ring.

"Maybe we should leave, you two seem very distracted today." Clary says, looking strangely at Jace's furrowed eyebrows.

"Huh?." He asks, looking up from his hand – Only to look at Clary's bright green eyes and beside her the wolf he most despises; Ethan Wright.

"That's exactly what i'm talking about!." Clary exclaims, patting the table with her hand. "I think it's the wedding stress."

Jace's eyebrows knit even more close together.

"Yeah, can you blame them?." Ethan chuckles. "We'll come back another day, thanks for the beers, man." Ethan says and Jace lightly nods, and then Ethan stands up, walks over to the other side of the kitchen aisle and bro hugs Jace, whom only pats gently Ethan's back.

"You're welcome." Jace replies with a hint of confusion. Clary lightly chuckles before pecking his cheek. "I will see you two..."

"Goodbye, Jacey." Clary bids her farewells and they both walk out of the apartment with Jace shutting the door after them.

He licks his lips, looking around the unknown apartment until his eyes stop at the wall filled with framed pictures.
He took a quick glance and his brain made the connection, this was Arabelle's and his apartment.

His eyes go wide and runs to every door, opening each. If this is our apartment then surely she must be here.

The last door he opens is the one with the wide open window, leading to the dark and cold night of Brooklyn.

____

Arabelle sighs loudly, looking trough the contacts on her phone as she walks through the wet and cold streets of Brooklyn, making her way to the Institute — Hoping she'll find it —.

"Magnus must be in...Here!." She shouts happily and clicks the name on the screen, calling the warlock.
Hopefully there's Warlocks in this useless dimension.

"Hello! You've reached Magnus Bane, ordinary folk in this ordinary earth, call again."

Arabelle huffs, turning off her phone in anger. "I'm so stupid! I come to another dimension where Shadowhunters don't exist, without a plan." She groans, she stops at a billboard with the face of Magnus Bane, he looked very different from what he looked like in her dimension, his spiked hair was gone and so was the makeup around his eyes and he was wearing the most awful outfit Arabelle had ever seem. "By the angel, if Magnus saw this he would kill himself in this dimension. " She chuckles, before noticing at the bottom of the billboard, an address. "Bingo."
She smirks as she writes the address down.

____

"I'm not sure of this, Alec, there's so many risks." Isabelle says worriedly, looking at the two bodies — One laying on the couch and the other one laying besides the first, on the ground — belonging to her dearest family members.