08

CHAPTER EIGHT: PRIORITY.

"She is the tear in my heart."

____

NARRATOR

Jace abruptly raised an eyebrow at Ethan's and Arabelle's figure together, arms tangled in each other. Ethan had the biggest grin he had ever seen, while Arabelle looked slightly surprised.

"Haven't i told you to knock?." Arabelle asked annoyed, she wouldn't forget about how Jace defended Clary instead of her.

Jace crossed his arms over his chest with an angry expression, clenching his jaw.

"Not like i care." Jace promptly replied, Ethan chuckled lightly as he put Arabelle down.

"You should begin to care." Ethan shot back apathetic. Jace raised an eyebrow with a cocky expression.

"Is that so?." He begin as he approached the werewolf, whom's hand's started to form into fists. Arabelle rolled her eyes as she walked in between the two men.

"Stop it." She said to Ethan. "Now." Arabelle stated as she now looked at Jace.  "Why are you here?." She spat.

Jace's muscles relaxed, it wasn't the first time he made Ethan mad; But it certainly seemed like Ethan had enjoyed their discussion more than usual.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing." Jace said, not once breaking eye contact as his voice sounded stern. "Seems like you're fine though." He added quickly glancing at Ethan.

Arabelle scoffed.

"I am now." She replied with a frown. "If that's what you came to do, you're free to go."

Arabelle took Ethan's hands with her's, intertwining their fingers. Jace took a quick look at their hands, feeling a little odd. Arabelle's and Ethan's friendship was nothing like him's and Arabelle's friendship, but still it felt like Ethan had gotten way more physical with her than he ever had.

Without a word, Jace walked out of the room — The sound of his black combat boots hitting the floor lasted a couple of minutes, he was mad.

Arabelle sighed – Thinking that maybe the only reason why she kissed Ethan wasn't necessarily a romantic one –.

She wasn't ready, not yet, but she still made a decision. She just hoped that choosing the werewolf wouldn't have any consequences.

"That was intense." Ethan spoke as he hugged Arabelle from behind, she nodded. "You do know that we will never get along, right?."

Arabelle chuckled lightly, feeling slightly guilty.

"It's not on your nature." She simply replied — Her voice that moments ago was enthusiastic and full of excitement was now a more dull and stern one.

Ethan had felt the sudden change that Arabelle faced, but that didn't stop him from kissing her shoulder.

"I think i should leave." He slowly said, departing from Arabelle.

Her eyes quickly went over him.

"Why? It's so early." She pleaded, she didn't want to feel alone. Ethan chuckled before grabbing his phone.