25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE:
TOUGH DECISIONS.

Been thinking 'bout the consequences
I know i did you wrong, and now you left me high and dry
I didn't mean to burst your bubble
And i didn't mean to say goodbye.

____

NARRATOR

After Arabelle catches up with Isabelle and calms her down, and the both agree that Alec is making the worst decision ever, they decide to walk back to the fairly over dinner. Finding a deeply frowning Jace, and a grumpy face Alec — Maryse and Robert were looking at each other, as if they were speaking to each other without words.

"Did we miss much?." Arabelle asks, walking hand-in-hand with Isabelle who still seemed unsure to be back again.

Cassia smiles widely at her daughter. "Not much, but me and your father want to talk to you about an important matter — And there's no better way to do so that with your family all gathered together." She says, watching as Arabelle sits right back beside Jace, and Alec takes again his place beside Isabelle.

Arabelle cocks an eyebrow, curiosity kicking in as her hand finds Jace's and intertwines their fingers together, the action grabbing both of her parents attention.

"Listen, Hone--Arabelle." Her father sttuters, making Arabelle flinch at the words that almost came out of his mouth. "I'm aware you don't know much about our family, your family, but we must tell you that our home was - and will always be Idris." He says, looking at Arabelle who's confusion continued to grow. After all these years looking for them, were they really going to leave?.

"I don't understand, you want to leave?." Arabelle asks, her eyes narrowed as she stares at her parents. Cassia shakes her head lightly.

"Something like that, Hun." Her mother starts. "We would love it if you could come back home with us, to finally live like a family after all these years." Cassia says, smiling at the thought of her family reunited at last.

Arabelle's eyes widen, and her breath hitches as a lump starts to grow on her throat. It is truly a kind offering, one that she wouldn't even hesitated to take a few years ago, but now...She had her family, her siblings and the man she loved by her side. Could she really leave? Having everything she wanted at last, but yet again, she has always dreamed about living with her real parents.

Everyone stares at Arabelle expectingly, knowing that the words that could come out of her mouth would change everything. Jace stares at Arabelle, her lips parted and her face turning red, Jace can't even imagine the thoughts that were passing through Arabelle's mind.

"I--I'm very flattered by the offer," Arabelle says, her mouth still open as hopes grew for the Lightwood family. "Can i think about it?." Arabelle says finally, leaving Cassia and Peter with a look of mixed emotions, they knew that that was one of the most probable answers.

"Of course, Belle, just know that we are not pressuring you into anything. We are aware of how much this family means to you, after all, you grew up with them and that's something we are never going to be able to take back." Cassia says motherly, her brown eyes staring kindly at each individual in the table before her eyes finally locked with Arabelle's. "We love you, we will always love you, and we only want the best for you." She finishes, a small tear escaping her eyes, making Arabelle's lip tremble.